Verizon Galaxy S8 Samsung S8 w/ car mount + wireless charger

Archkro

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
So I found out the hard way like others on here that when using the Scosche magic mount, wireless charging causes the metal to heat to an extremely high temperature.

I felt unsafe to have it so I have been it the old-fashioned way by using wired charging.

I would like to find a way to combine my Scosche magic mount with wireless charging as I was very fond of the location on my dashboard that I was able to find.

Had anyone been able to comfortably accomplish this? Or is there another magnet option out there that does not conduct so much heat during the charging process.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting for someone to review this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5912258

It's not magnetic, but...
I had one of those and it was good. The mount itself is great. Sticks to everything and doesn't come off. My kid has it now and its been mounted in her car for months without budging.

The problem I had is still needing to route a wire to power the mount. Where I wanted the mount vs where I wanted it plugged in at caused me to try and hide a very long cable which in my car wasn't easy.

Then the Android Auto update came to my car which requires the phone be plugged into a usb port so the mount became unnecessary.

It's a very good mount and the qi charging does work as advertised.