08-09-2017 09:21 AM
49 12
tools
    Mine arriving sometime today. As long as it doesn't pop off using my Commuter case and the screen sensitivity is not affected, I'll be pleased. Will update with my experience later.
    Mine works great. Defender case, symmetry, peel case, rhinoshield bumper, and 4 or 5 spigen cases and a seidio case. Looks and feels good to me.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    08-03-2017 09:32 AM
    The one other issue I see is that one side doesn't cover as much of the screen as the other side. There's a gap. That's why I couldn't see my edge panel. Once I moved the panel to the opposite side it was fine. Still a good protector though.
    08-03-2017 06:12 PM
    Mine arriving sometime today. As long as it doesn't pop off using my Commuter case and the screen sensitivity is not affected, I'll be pleased. Will update with my experience later.
    Did you get yours in? What do you think? Mine is on order now. I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Right now I'm using a Walmart cheapie by ONN protector which isn't bad but it's not tempered glass. I don't use a case much maybe less than half the time so I'm sure my couple of cases that I do have will work with this one. Just a matter of waiting on delivery now.
    08-03-2017 06:44 PM
    Does it have glue on the right and left sides? I've tried three different tempered glass protectors, and the big problem is always that the glue obscures the curved edges of the display. I was never sure why they can't just leave the glue on the top and bottom bezels and leave the sides alone.
    08-03-2017 07:32 PM
    So far so good. Easy to install. Absolutely no sensitivity issue using gestures, edge screen or typing. No creaking. My Commuter case doesn't cause any lift. I don't see any rainbow. Pushed down middle of screen before rubbing down on the edges. If it stays on, it's definitely a winner. Huge difference from my TGSPs I tried on my s7 edge. So glad for this thread and the feedback on this particular protector. Thanks. (this is the Otao)
    sweetypie31 and refrigtech1 like this.
    08-03-2017 09:38 PM
    The one other issue I see is that one side doesn't cover as much of the screen as the other side. There's a gap. That's why I couldn't see my edge panel. Once I moved the panel to the opposite side it was fine. Still a good protector though.
    Yeah noticed the gap too but it hasn't caused a problem for me either. Just so glad to have a glass protector that seems to work for now. Time will tell. Ordering one for my daughter's s8+.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    08-03-2017 09:47 PM
    Does it have glue on the right and left sides? I've tried three different tempered glass protectors, and the big problem is always that the glue obscures the curved edges of the display. I was never sure why they can't just leave the glue on the top and bottom bezels and leave the sides alone.
    Glue on all sides.
    08-03-2017 09:48 PM
    So far so good. Easy to install. Absolutely no sensitivity issue using gestures, edge screen or typing. No creaking. My Commuter case doesn't cause any lift. I don't see any rainbow. Pushed down middle of screen before rubbing down on the edges. If it stays on, it's definitely a winner. Huge difference from my TGSPs I tried on my s7 edge. So glad for this thread and the feedback on this particular protector. Thanks. (this is the Otao)
    That's good! Glad I went ahead and ordered this one then. It seems to have gotten the best reviews out of any of them. I'm not sure why but if it works it works. Mine should be here Saturday or Monday I can't remember. Was it hard to install and get a perfect fit? Doesn't it come with some type of guide device to install it? I can't wait for mine to arrive now. I've been wanting a tempered glass. Glad you like it and thanks for your feedback.
    08-04-2017 06:26 AM
    It comes with a snap on guide tray that you take off once the protector is placed correctly.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    08-04-2017 07:45 AM
    It comes with a snap on guide tray that you take off once the protector is placed correctly.
    That's what I thought. Good for perfect alignment.
    08-04-2017 01:01 PM
    Mine is set to arrive Monday. I was hoping it would arrive tomorrow as I want to get it installed. Sounds like a good product.
    08-04-2017 04:54 PM
    Mine is set to arrive Monday. I was hoping it would arrive tomorrow as I want to get it installed. Sounds like a good product.
    Hope it works for you. Sometimes getting these screen protectors to behave is just the luck of the draw. The good thing is that it was cheap, as opposed to a lot that are $20-$50 a pop.
    08-04-2017 07:03 PM
    Yeah noticed the gap too but it hasn't caused a problem for me either. Just so glad to have a glass protector that seems to work for now. Time will tell. Ordering one for my daughter's s8+.
    That's what I said. Even with the small issues it works for now. I'm glad it's working for you.
    08-04-2017 07:06 PM
    Since application, noticed 2 things using Otao... Some rainbow on dark screen and lag in pulling down notifications. I can live with these easily since the protector is not lifting with my Commuter case and the typing and other screen sensitivity is fine with no creaking noises. For me it's a win.
    08-05-2017 10:15 AM
    Since application, noticed 2 things using Otao... Some rainbow on dark screen and lag in pulling down notifications. I can live with these easily since the protector is not lifting with my Commuter case and the typing and other screen sensitivity is fine with no creaking noises. For me it's a win.
    No issues like that with mine. It looks fine and feels fine.
    08-05-2017 12:54 PM
    No issues like that with mine. It looks fine and feels fine.
    The rainbow area is tiny and the notification pull down lag is only intermittent. Like I said... These are minor. The feel is fantastic and it's staying in place. Definitely a win for me.
    08-05-2017 02:33 PM
    Just got mine in and installed it. It is a great fit and seems to be responding well. No complaints here so far.
    08-07-2017 05:56 PM
    Update on Otao... Dropped my phone onto a metal table leg base. Hit the curved edge. Tiny nick on screen protector but phone is fine and protector stayed on. Yay!
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    08-08-2017 08:37 PM
    Update on Otao... Dropped my phone onto a metal table leg base. Hit the curved edge. Tiny nick on screen protector but phone is fine and protector stayed on. Yay!
    Awesome. That was one of my issues with the curved screen from zagg. I dropped my phone and the protector flew right off . Same thing with the replacement. Good to know this one will work with me being clumsy. Lol
    08-09-2017 12:01 AM
    I just got the shipping notification for the sapphire zagg protector ive been waiting for since July 7th. Guess I'll just keep it as a backup.
    08-09-2017 01:50 AM
    I just got the shipping notification for the sapphire zagg protector ive been waiting for since July 7th. Guess I'll just keep it as a backup.
    You'd think at least Zagg would produce the best tempered glass option out there with their prices. I'm shocked they don't.
    08-09-2017 03:10 AM
    Glad your phone is ok. Do you have it in a case? If so, which one?
    08-09-2017 03:41 AM
    I think these screen protectors work well .I had one that fell off from my bike and it protected my phone well,but it was not a fully cover one ,so the edge of my phone cracked a little bit as no screen protector covered it .But not a big problem to me ,so i had changed a new screen protector .If without that screen protector ,i defintely had to replace a new screen for my phone that will cost lots of money.
    08-09-2017 04:15 AM
    Glad your phone is ok. Do you have it in a case? If so, which one?
    Otterbox Commuter. Working great with the Otao TGSP
    08-09-2017 09:21 AM
49 12