Anyone tried this tempered glass screen protector yet?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Otao one. So far so good. Installation was a breeze. No problem with responsiveness of the screen and it fits nicely with my otterbox commuter. The only issue I see is that the black sides of the screen protector kind of covers the edge panel, but once I made the panel a little bigger it made it easier to see.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine arriving sometime today. As long as it doesn't pop off using my Commuter case and the screen sensitivity is not affected, I'll be pleased. Will update with my experience later.

riccowboy2014

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine arriving sometime today. As long as it doesn't pop off using my Commuter case and the screen sensitivity is not affected, I'll be pleased. Will update with my experience later.

Mine works great. Defender case, symmetry, peel case, rhinoshield bumper, and 4 or 5 spigen cases and a seidio case. Looks and feels good to me.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The one other issue I see is that one side doesn't cover as much of the screen as the other side. There's a gap. That's why I couldn't see my edge panel. Once I moved the panel to the opposite side it was fine. Still a good protector though.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Did you get yours in? What do you think? Mine is on order now. I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Right now I'm using a Walmart cheapie by ONN protector which isn't bad but it's not tempered glass. I don't use a case much maybe less than half the time so I'm sure my couple of cases that I do have will work with this one. Just a matter of waiting on delivery now.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Does it have glue on the right and left sides? I've tried three different tempered glass protectors, and the big problem is always that the glue obscures the curved edges of the display. I was never sure why they can't just leave the glue on the top and bottom bezels and leave the sides alone.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
So far so good. Easy to install. Absolutely no sensitivity issue using gestures, edge screen or typing. No creaking. My Commuter case doesn't cause any lift. I don't see any rainbow. Pushed down middle of screen before rubbing down on the edges. If it stays on, it's definitely a winner. Huge difference from my TGSPs I tried on my s7 edge. So glad for this thread and the feedback on this particular protector. Thanks. (this is the Otao)

The one other issue I see is that one side doesn't cover as much of the screen as the other side. There's a gap. That's why I couldn't see my edge panel. Once I moved the panel to the opposite side it was fine. Still a good protector though.

Yeah noticed the gap too but it hasn't caused a problem for me either. Just so glad to have a glass protector that seems to work for now. Time will tell. Ordering one for my daughter's s8+.

Does it have glue on the right and left sides? I've tried three different tempered glass protectors, and the big problem is always that the glue obscures the curved edges of the display. I was never sure why they can't just leave the glue on the top and bottom bezels and leave the sides alone.

Glue on all sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So far so good. Easy to install. Absolutely no sensitivity issue using gestures, edge screen or typing. No creaking. My Commuter case doesn't cause any lift. I don't see any rainbow. Pushed down middle of screen before rubbing down on the edges. If it stays on, it's definitely a winner. Huge difference from my TGSPs I tried on my s7 edge. So glad for this thread and the feedback on this particular protector. Thanks. (this is the Otao)
That's good! Glad I went ahead and ordered this one then. It seems to have gotten the best reviews out of any of them. I'm not sure why but if it works it works. Mine should be here Saturday or Monday I can't remember. Was it hard to install and get a perfect fit? Doesn't it come with some type of guide device to install it? I can't wait for mine to arrive now. I've been wanting a tempered glass. Glad you like it and thanks for your feedback.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine is set to arrive Monday. I was hoping it would arrive tomorrow as I want to get it installed. Sounds like a good product.

Hope it works for you. Sometimes getting these screen protectors to behave is just the luck of the draw. The good thing is that it was cheap, as opposed to a lot that are $20-$50 a pop.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah noticed the gap too but it hasn't caused a problem for me either. Just so glad to have a glass protector that seems to work for now. Time will tell. Ordering one for my daughter's s8+.
That's what I said. Even with the small issues it works for now. I'm glad it's working for you.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Since application, noticed 2 things using Otao... Some rainbow on dark screen and lag in pulling down notifications. I can live with these easily since the protector is not lifting with my Commuter case and the typing and other screen sensitivity is fine with no creaking noises. For me it's a win.

Last edited:

riccowboy2014

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Since application, noticed 2 things using Otao... Some rainbow on dark screen and lag in pulling down notifications. I can live with these easily since the protector is not lifting with my Commuter case and the typing and other screen sensitivity is fine with no creaking noises. For me it's a win.

No issues like that with mine. It looks fine and feels fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay