08-18-2017 07:30 AM
63 123
tools
    Also it doesn't matter what keyboard I use on Android, I've tried them all and imo nothing beats typing on the iPhone keyboard. Again, not a deal breaker, but it's something I miss
    That I disagree on. I have zero issues using Gboard on Android.
    08-02-2017 06:17 PM
    I personally hate the Apple keyboard, but loved Gboard on iPhone for the short time I did that. Then Gboard came to Android and I stopped hating Google briefly.
    I cracked .. Few hours on iPhone and I can't handle it :-x. I am powering my S8+ back up right now.
    08-02-2017 06:17 PM
    I cracked .. Few hours on iPhone and I can't handle it :-x. I am powering my S8+ back up right now.
    lol ur so noob
    08-02-2017 06:18 PM
    lol ur so noob
    I gave it a try at least!.. I just can't get past the few things I am used to doing with Android.

Maybe in the future ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Aquila and keyzlife like this.
    08-02-2017 06:19 PM
    That I disagree on. I have zero issues using Gboard on Android.
    I do like Gboard. That's what I use. It's the closest thing to typing on an iPhone. If you had typed on iPhone for the past 7 years like me you'd agree haha. Gboard is the best keyboard on Android though.
    bchain996 likes this.
    08-02-2017 06:38 PM
    I do like Gboard. That's what I use. It's the closest thing to typing on an iPhone. If you had typed on iPhone for the past 7 years like me you'd agree haha. Gboard is the best keyboard on Android though.
    I have :P. I used iPhone 6 Plus for 4 months or so. I just used it again today.
    08-02-2017 09:25 PM
    I went from iPhone 5S to the 7S and hated the 7 and 2 days later bought the S8+ and I am no longer an iPhone fan and converted from an Android hater to a lover. 😍
    08-03-2017 06:28 AM
    I'm actually curious on how the next iPhone is like, especially since I am making the switch to iOS as a daily.
    08-03-2017 06:55 AM
    I'll get an iPhone 8. I like having an android phone and a iPhone to move between.
    My experience with Samsung is they bog down after about 18 to 24 mos. If you buy a new phone every year it's not a problem.
    I've heard the iPhone 8 is supposed to blow circles around the S8 speed wise although I don't see how but that's what I read from a reported leak. It was pretty impressive to what the numbers reportedly said vs the S8. Remains to be seen though.
    08-03-2017 10:53 AM
    My experience with Samsung is they bog down after about 18 to 24 mos. If you buy a new phone every year it's not a problem.
    That goes with any phone including iPhones. If you try to update the iOS version a 3rd time you will start noticing some slowdown and lag. 2 iOS version (equal 2 years) or 2 years with the same or 1 Android upgrade on a different phone, that's about how it works now
    08-03-2017 01:28 PM
    That goes with any phone including iPhones. If you try to update the iOS version a 3rd time you will start noticing some slowdown and lag. 2 iOS version (equal 2 years) or 2 years with the same or 1 Android upgrade on a different phone, that's about how it works now
    The nice thing about ios is you don't have to take updates.
    08-03-2017 01:43 PM
    The nice thing about ios is you don't have to take updates.
    That's a fair point but the problem is if you ignore them too long and you get left in the dust as far as features. Im not disagreeing that iOS devices have more longevity but the fact is companies don't want you holding your phones longer than 2 years anymore, and if they can keep you from holding it longer than 1 year that's even better.
    08-03-2017 01:46 PM
    That's a fair point but the problem is if you ignore them too long and you get left in the dust as far as features. Im not disagreeing that iOS devices have more longevity but the fact is companies don't want you holding your phones longer than 2 years anymore, and if they can keep you from holding it longer than 1 year that's even better.
    That's my complaint w Samsung. Like virtually everyone was pissed about Note 4 update that killed battery life among other things. Planned obsolescence. If the Note 8 is priced over a grand it should work well for more than 2 years.
    08-03-2017 01:55 PM
    That's my complaint w Samsung. Like virtually everyone was pissed about Note 4 update that killed battery life among other things. Planned obsolescence. If the Note 8 is priced over a grand it should work well for more than 2 years.
    Yeah, it should. But that digs into their pockets if you hold onto the phone longer than 2 years. Actually keeping a phone for even 2 years is a pretty long time nowadays. It sucks man but unfortunately that's just the way it goes and as long as their are people who jump ship to a different phone every 6 months it will just continue
    08-03-2017 02:04 PM
    And honestly you can't call Samsung out and not call Apple out because every September they come on stage and take a gigantic crap on their phones from last year to get people to purchase the "new one" that has very few actual benefits over the one they already have.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    08-03-2017 02:05 PM
    Yeah, it should. But that digs into their pockets if you hold onto the phone longer than 2 years. Actually keeping a phone for even 2 years is a pretty long time nowadays. It sucks man but unfortunately that's just the way it goes and as long as their are people who jump ship to a different phone every 6 months it will just continue
    I often jump ship but then I use the old device as a wifi pocket computer so I like it to last. Unfortunately they stop providing security updates which I think is shameful

I don't mind them trying to sell me a new phone. Just don't force me.
    08-03-2017 02:06 PM
    I often jump ship but then I use the old device as a wifi pocket computer so I like it to last. Unfortunately they stop providing security updates which I think is shameful

I don't mind them trying to sell me a new phone. Just don't force me.
    Yep pretty much every Android manufacturer is bad at this.. only direct from Google doesn't have to worry about it.
    08-03-2017 02:13 PM
    Yep pretty much every Android manufacturer is bad at this.. only direct from Google doesn't have to worry about it.
    So would a VZW Pixel 2 provide security updates beyond 2 years? I don't care about OS updates. I find they often do more harm than good.
    08-03-2017 02:15 PM
    So would a VZW Pixel 2 provide security updates beyond 2 years? I don't care about OS updates. I find they often do more harm than good.
    Yes.. the Verizon one still gets it same time as Google. However long Google said they'd support the Pixel is how long it'll continue to get updates.
    08-03-2017 02:16 PM
    Then with top of the line phones increasing in price yearly the Pixel 2 might be a better bet for me than a Note 8. I'll have to wait and see what the Pixel looks like.
    08-03-2017 02:18 PM
    Then with top of the line phones increasing in price yearly the Pixel 2 might be a better bet for me than a Note 8. I'll have to wait and see what the Pixel looks like.
    Yep. Pixel 2 is on my radar as well.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-03-2017 02:57 PM
    Mix up the iPhone 7+, S8 and the original Pixel XL in a blender, that's it.
    08-03-2017 03:02 PM
    Wrong. My note 5 is still chugging along. Lol
    Aquila and kevinpleasants like this.
    08-04-2017 04:09 PM
    I've never felt that way with iPhone updates but that's just me
    08-05-2017 05:49 AM
    I'm actually curious on how the next iPhone is like, especially since I am making the switch to iOS as a daily.
    If you don't mind sharing, what is prompting you to switch?
    jlost likes this.
    08-05-2017 07:35 AM
63 123