A couple of weeks ago I read that you would be able to use paypal as a payment method when using samsung pay at cc terminals. I have not been able to find out how to link your PP account to samsung. I thought it would be a simple setting but so far no luck. If you've been able to link the two I would really appreciate if you shared the methon.
    08-01-2017 11:42 PM
    That would be sweet but I also have not seen the setting
    08-02-2017 12:06 AM
    That's because if I'm not mistaken, the integration hasn't gone live yet. Yes, they announced it, but they said 'soon'.

https://www.paypal.com/stories/us/ex...th-samsung-pay
    Coming soon, consumers in the U.S. will be able to use PayPal within Samsung Pay at millions of retailers. T
    08-02-2017 12:08 AM
    I had tried that myself as well previously by adding my PayPal card to Samsung-always said card not supported. Would come in handy at times
    08-02-2017 04:23 AM
    It will support it...soon haha. Just be patient. In the meantime I think you can add it to Android Pay.
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-02-2017 07:36 AM
    I think the word "soon" was left out of the articles I read. Apparently there was a news release around July 17th and many different websites published a variation of it.
    08-02-2017 10:31 AM
    This will be really cool when it's implemented.
    08-03-2017 01:42 AM
    if this means I can use funds from a PayPal account I will start selling a lot more on eBay cause I won't have to pay the fee of transferring from PayPal to my bank I could just use the PayPal funds thru Samsung pay
    08-03-2017 08:18 AM
    It's coming soon. For the time being, I use Android Pay when I have to use Paypal
    08-03-2017 11:52 AM
    If that's the case, it'll be a nice work around for me to use my bank account vs my credit card for purchases (my bank does not support Samsung pay at this point in time...but it's on their "roadmap." Whatever the hell that means). It's the only reason I don't use Samsung pay as much as I would if it were linked to my checking account.
    08-03-2017 01:27 PM
    Here's the email I got from samsung
    08-03-2017 02:13 PM
    if this means I can use funds from a PayPal account I will start selling a lot more on eBay cause I won't have to pay the fee of transferring from PayPal to my bank I could just use the PayPal funds thru Samsung pay
    You pay a fee on PayPal for that? Just switch to Venmo! But yeah, you'll be able to use PayPal funds through SP when this goes live. Bear in mind that similar deals were inked with Android Pay and Apple Pay; SP's advantage is still the MST transmitter for 'normal' terminals.
    08-05-2017 12:33 AM
    If that's the case, it'll be a nice work around for me to use my bank account vs my credit card for purchases (my bank does not support Samsung pay at this point in time...but it's on their "roadmap." Whatever the hell that means). It's the only reason I don't use Samsung pay as much as I would if it were linked to my checking account.

If you have the credit score to get a credit card, just get that and never use your checking account to pay for stuff. Yes, Samsung Pay adds a very good layer of security, but nothing is infallible, and getting a debit account hacked is never a good thing to have to go through. Use a credit card as you would your debit one: don't go over what you have. Just pay it off at the end of the month, and don't pay interest. Bonus? You build up a very good credit score that way.
    08-05-2017 12:36 AM
    Of course you did, you got that from their 'support' team. They just have pre-built answers most of the time to generic questions. Until this goes live, they won't even have it in those books.
    08-05-2017 12:38 AM
    I'm irritated because I show all these articles stating that now Samsung pay and PayPal can be linked when it obviously seems that is not the case. Has anyone tried adding their PayPal card to Samsung pay recently? I'm waiting on a new replacement card from PayPal and will try one that arrives. But I know you should be able to link without a damn card
    09-21-2017 05:46 AM