Verizon Galaxy S8 Galaxy S8 & S8+ - Fitness

uncaged74

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Okay I am overwhelmed and getting mix reviews. I finally thought of a good present for the fiance and that is to get some sort of fitness watch/band to sync with her Galaxy S8; since I too workout I figure I will get one too for my S8+. However, I am overwhelmed, I read reviews, reports, and took that info and searched on Amazon. Everything that wins as #1 averages 3.5 stars on Amazon.

Input please???

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
It might just be personal preference. I've found that a combination of a Polar (I use a chest strap for accurate calorie burn) and then google fit on my Huawei for the rest of the day as a pedometer. You can also use the polar for an all day pedometer thing, and there are polars you can get that will receive smart watch notifications. Polar is pricey though for a half baked smart watch.

Because google fit works well for me (it's not as flow-y and pretty like Apple's fit or the Polar app, but it gives you a good baseline and combined with a GPS enabled smartwatch, works great) I have just stuck with my Huawei. I just ordered the LG Style for 150 from Amazon.

That all being said, I think my point is that Google fit is a good fitness app. (I couldn't really deal with Samsung health, but to each their own) and I'd opt for a smart watch that will run android (google fit) instead of a fitbit band....

uncaged74

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I had a polar strap somewhere but never liked having something strapped to my chest. I wear a watch only because my fiance bought it for me but since I don't mind wearing it I got a Fit for both of us.

BTW the Fitbit Charge 2 reviews are excellent. That includes Amazon and YouTube.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the Fitbit Surge before and it was good until the band started to separate. My wife just got the Fitbit Charge 2 and I'm just waiting on her getting bored with it so I can hijack it. Love the fact they addressed the problem with faulty bands by making them replaceable. There's some really good apps in the PlayStore too that allow you to get all app notifications and not just missed calls or sms

matther22xdroid

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I had a Fitbit Blaze(was not reliable for tracking IMO, sold it, bought a S3 Frontier, does excellent for tracking steps/pedometer plus has all the extras.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2