10-24-2017 10:44 AM
44 12
tools
    Used Nova, Action Launcher and Stock launcher. In all 3, my navigation bar don't turns white for light theme and black for dark theme. Restarting the phone resolves it for some time.

It's completely random.
    08-07-2017 04:58 PM
    While I do not wish this bug on others, it's nice to know I am not going crazy by myself. Thanks for contributing everyone.
    08-07-2017 07:40 PM
    Hopefully Samsung fixes this via an update soon. This almost makes using split screen impossible
    mary beth hale likes this.
    08-29-2017 07:00 PM
    Hopefully Samsung fixes this via an update soon. This almost makes using split screen impossible
    Yes! Happens with split screen and I use that option multiple times a day.
    Would think a software update should be imminent, given the split screen option is something Samsung has touted as a big usability factor. Not holding my breath though re: update.
    08-29-2017 07:08 PM
    I too have the same issue in my s8+. Home screen nav bar turns white every now and then.

I played with the split screen a bit. Found that every time i drag the middle split bar to top/bottom to make one of the app full screen, then the issue will start.

I found a workaround also instead of doing a phone reboot.

To fix the nav bar, first open two apps in split screen mode.. Now drag the middle bar to bottom till end to make top app full screen.
    Again open two apps in split mode. Now press and hold nav bar recent apps button to exit split mode.
    Then check the home screen.

Let us know if it works for you..
    09-02-2017 12:08 PM
    I too have the same issue in my s8+. Home screen nav bar turns white every now and then.

I played with the split screen a bit. Found that every time i drag the middle split bar to top/bottom to make one of the app full screen, then the issue will start.

I found a workaround also instead of doing a phone reboot.

To fix the nav bar, first open two apps in split screen mode.. Now drag the middle bar to bottom till end to make top app full screen.
    Again open two apps in split mode. Now press and hold nav bar recent apps button to exit split mode.
    Then check the home screen.

Let us know if it works for you..
    I tried it about 8 time and got it right about 2/3 of the time. An improvement! Thank you!
    09-02-2017 07:24 PM
    found something else that seems to work. I use Nova, if that makes any difference, but don't think so.
    open 2 apps in split screen. tap the little white part of the separation bar to bring the menu bar up. tap the picture in picture square to minimize one of the apps then tap the X to close the little window. no white bar for me when going back to home.Navigation Bar Keeps turning white-screenshot_20170902-195627.jpgNavigation Bar Keeps turning white-screenshot_20170902-200951.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Navigation Bar Keeps turning white-screenshot_20170902-202446.jpg  
    nimesh_d, churroviper and badcat like this.
    09-02-2017 08:26 PM
    Sorry... Double posted some pics, but you get the idea.
    09-02-2017 08:51 PM
    That's perfect.. Worked for me too.
    Thanks!!!
    09-02-2017 11:14 PM
    Looks like doing a switch window from the small popup menu bar in the middle also fixing the issue..
    mary beth hale likes this.
    09-02-2017 11:26 PM
    09-03-2017 02:51 AM
    Thanks! Yeah the apk works and I was using it. Had to lend my computer to my daughter for a month or so 2 weeks ago and have since factory reset my phone so had to do a work around.
    Wish Samsung would just give us a software update. Doesn't seem like it would be a difficult fix.
    09-03-2017 07:16 AM
    Maybe I'll try a different black theme and see if it makes a difference. It went back to the white nav bar again when I backed out of this app a few minutes ago.
    I've tried a different black theme and hasn't changed. The issue i have is at times the icons on the nav bar go white at the same time as the nav bar so virtually disappear. Any help would be appreciated.
    09-05-2017 03:26 AM
    That's one I haven't seen so can't help. Sorry
    09-05-2017 08:03 AM
    I've tried a different black theme and hasn't changed. The issue i have is at times the icons on the nav bar go white at the same time as the nav bar so virtually disappear. Any help would be appreciated.
    Are you sure the nav bar is not just hiding? You may have touched the little dot to the left that hides the nav bar? Could you post a screen shot?
    09-05-2017 04:36 PM
    I have the same problem, for weeks I was trying to figure out what was causing it and finally figured out. Basically anytime you use the multitasking meaning you open two apps on your screen and then close out of the multitasking by using a hand gesture by swiping down from the middle to the bottom of the screen then the navigation bar turns white and stays White. The way to prevent this is exiting the multitasking by hitting the middle and hitting the X instead of using the hand gesture. I hope this was helpful.
    09-13-2017 12:33 AM
    Was getting pissed off by the number of times per day that I had to restart the phone and redo some stuff, because I use substratum as well. Will try this method and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

High time Samsung fixed this. Been there from the time I bought the phone
    09-19-2017 11:59 AM
    I have the same problem, for weeks I was trying to figure out what was causing it and finally figured out. Basically anytime you use the multitasking meaning you open two apps on your screen and then close out of the multitasking by using a hand gesture by swiping down from the middle to the bottom of the screen then the navigation bar turns white and stays White. The way to prevent this is exiting the multitasking by hitting the middle and hitting the X instead of using the hand gesture. I hope this was helpful.
    I agree with your finding. That's the cause.
    09-19-2017 02:11 PM
    Used Nova, Action Launcher and Stock launcher. In all 3, my navigation bar don't turns white for light theme and black for dark theme. Restarting the phone resolves it for some time.

It's completely random.
    I don't think it's random
    Happens to me on s8 after I use the split screen feature.
    Hope they are going to fix it.
    10-24-2017 10:44 AM
44 12