For any of you who had Note 7 and now a S8, how does the screen compare regarding fingerprint/oil and smudge resistance?

One of my favorite features of the Note 7 was the quality of the screen. It seemed to be absolutely smudge proof and oil/fingerprint resistant. I literally never had to wipe the screen off, not sure what the big difference was form the Note 7 screen compared to other phones, but it was night and day.

The phone I had before my Note 7 was a HTC One M8, the moment you touched it, you had to wipe the screen off. It was super annoying and after turning my Note 7 in, I couldn't go back to it. I ended up getting a Note 5 until the S8/Note 8 came out. The screen on the N5 is much better than the HTC, but still collects prints and oil much more than the Note 7.

I've seen the S8 on display, but wasn't hands on enough to really tell how the screen compared to the Note 7, especially since being the display was already covered in smudges. I was hoping the S8 and N8 would have the same amazing screen/glass build quality the N7 had. I'm curious to hear thoughts from those of you who've owned both phones how the screens compare.
    08-06-2017 09:30 PM
    I love the display, I had several note 7s and I remember the screen,the 8 is more resistance to smudge and fingerprints. I do not have a screen protector on my 8
    08-06-2017 09:46 PM
    I had the Note 7 through both recalls and my first impressions on the S8+were how similar it appeared to the Note 7, including the display. I've been pretty happy with it but am most certainly interested in what the Note 8 officially announced specs will bring about
    tonydroid99 likes this.
    08-07-2017 04:40 AM
    No comparison the 8 is completely different
    tonydroid99 likes this.
    08-07-2017 10:27 AM
    For any of you who had Note 7 and now a S8, how does the screen compare regarding fingerprint/oil and smudge resistance?

One of my favorite features of the Note 7 was the quality of the screen. It seemed to be absolutely smudge proof and oil/fingerprint resistant. I literally never had to wipe the screen off, not sure what the big difference was form the Note 7 screen compared to other phones, but it was night and day.

The phone I had before my Note 7 was a HTC One M8, the moment you touched it, you had to wipe the screen off. It was super annoying and after turning my Note 7 in, I couldn't go back to it. I ended up getting a Note 5 until the S8/Note 8 came out. The screen on the N5 is much better than the HTC, but still collects prints and oil much more than the Note 7.

I've seen the S8 on display, but wasn't hands on enough to really tell how the screen compared to the Note 7, especially since being the display was already covered in smudges. I was hoping the S8 and N8 would have the same amazing screen/glass build quality the N7 had. I'm curious to hear thoughts from those of you who've owned both phones how the screens compare.
    Same as note 7 w fingerprints also same in that it scratches easy.
    08-10-2017 05:19 PM
    I had the Note 7 and now S8+. Very similar
    08-10-2017 07:23 PM