I just got the Galaxy S8+ phone and it has a Bodygardz Glass Arc shield.

I'm looking to get either the...

- Galaxy S8 Case High Pro Shield case

Or

- Spigen Neo Hybrid case

and I want to make sure the cases are compatible with the glass shield.

I'm also looking for general opinions on these cases. Is one better etc?

I'm hoping there are some owners of either of these cases that may be able to help.

Thanks.
    08-07-2017 02:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I've had experiences with both Spigen and VRS cases. I find the Spigen to thin and susceptible to breakage. The VRS are a better case. Now I have tried several case on my S8 Plus and found only the heavier case by Otterbox, Speck or Tech 21 really do a good job of offering total protection of your screen protector. Especially along the sides of the phone. Those cases tend to go up higher on the sides. Thanks.
    08-07-2017 07:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I've had experiences with both Spigen and VRS cases. I find the Spigen to thin and susceptible to breakage. The VRS are a better case. Now I have tried several case on my S8 Plus and found only the heavier case by Otterbox, Speck or Tech 21 really do a good job of offering total protection of your screen protector. Especially along the sides of the phone. Those cases tend to go up higher on the sides. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not really worried about the protection aspect.

I'm disabled, so I dont move around a lot, and I've never dropped a phone.

I'm more concerned with whether or not the case will make the glass shield pop up or move.

I've never used a screen shield before, but in doing case research, I've seen some reports of cases causing glass shields to pop up etc.

That's my biggest concern.
    08-08-2017 08:22 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm not really worried about the protection aspect.

I'm disabled, so I dont move around a lot, and I've never dropped a phone.

I'm more concerned with whether or not the case will make the glass shield pop up or move.

I've never used a screen shield before, but in doing case research, I've seen some reports of cases causing glass shields to pop up etc.

That's my biggest concern.

Then I still recommend going with a heavier case. The thinner cases tend to sit below the screen protector along the sides of the phone. I only recommend the heavier cases due to the fact that it is easy to catch the edges of the screen protector when the case sits below the protector. It is easy to catch the edges of the protector if putting the phone in or out of a pocket or purse. I found most protectors are only glued along the edge due to the curved screen. This allows for it to easily be lifted if it catches on something.

If none of that concerns you then I recommend the VSR case as it is the better case.
    08-08-2017 08:53 AM