Any carrier branded S8 or S8+ get the update for Google Daydream support? I'm on AT&T and haven't gotten it yet but I figure it'll probably be at the end of the year knowing AT&T.
    08-08-2017 02:23 PM
    I'm unbranded, and I got it, BUT I was under the impression AT&T and T-Mobile people DID get it! Do you see Daydream in your playstore?
    08-08-2017 03:31 PM
    I'm unbranded, and I got it, BUT I was under the impression AT&T and T-Mobile people DID get it! Do you see Daydream in your playstore?
    I don't. I just see the Google VR services not the actual Daydream app.
    08-08-2017 04:07 PM
    AT&T S8+ here and no Daydream either. AT&T sucks my friend. We haven't even received the immersive mode update yet either.

I don't. I just see the Google VR services not the actual Daydream app.
    08-08-2017 08:08 PM
    AT&T S8+ here and no Daydream either. AT&T sucks my friend. We haven't even received the immersive mode update yet either.
    I've never even heard of this immersive mode. Sounds interesting.
    08-08-2017 08:18 PM
    I'm on AT&T. No Daydream, no immersive mode. I assume they will come with this month's security update, though.

Immersive mode is the navigation bar hiding thing.
    strikeIII likes this.
    08-09-2017 07:59 AM
    Any carrier branded S8 or S8+ get the update for Google Daydream support? I'm on AT&T and haven't gotten it yet but I figure it'll probably be at the end of the year knowing AT&T.
    Why would you want daydream when the Gear VR and Oculus store has way better and more content? The Gear VR is technically more advanced as well.
    08-09-2017 11:53 AM
    Why would you want daydream when the Gear VR and Oculus store has way better and more content? The Gear VR is technically more advanced as well.
    Because I got a Daydream for free with my Pixel and haven't picked up a Gear VR yet.
    08-09-2017 12:08 PM
    you have to install the daydream app from the play store, it doesn't download automatically. There was no update that pushed the app to the phone.
    08-09-2017 04:50 PM
    No, but there was an update that allowed you to see the app in the store. AT&T users still haven't received that update.
    08-09-2017 10:37 PM
    Having both I'm not sure I 100% agree with this! Certainly not the WAY part. In my book its real close. I DO prefer the way the Oculus store curates and presents things much more though. But quality and quantitywise the gap HAS closed! The GearVR probably is still a hair above, but it's damn close now in my book!
    08-10-2017 12:06 PM
    Having both I'm not sure I 100% agree with this! Certainly not the WAY part. In my book its real close. I DO prefer the way the Oculus store curates and presents things much more though. But quality and quantitywise the gap HAS closed! The GearVR probably is still a hair above, but it's damn close now in my book!
    Oculus is owned and funded by Facebook, and they have money to create more, better, and exclusive content. Mark Zuckerberg bought it. They already have Facebook VR for the Rift, still waiting for them to create a version for the Gear VR so everyone could enjoy it.
    08-10-2017 05:19 PM
    Oculus is owned and funded by Facebook, and they have money to create more, better, and exclusive content. Mark Zuckerberg bought it. They already have Facebook VR for the Rift, still waiting for them to create a version for the Gear VR so everyone could enjoy it.
    And Google doesn't?
    08-10-2017 08:20 PM