Few weeks ago I bought Unlocked Samsung S8, I buy accident drooped it and cracked the back door , I am waiting for replacement, but the issue is with charging port it says moisture detected. I am currently waiting on port replacement , but I cant even charge wireless it wont even start , bought willbond fast charger on amazon after reading reviews I see people able to use samsung s8 on it, mine wont charge
    08-08-2017 03:48 PM
    It sounds like the phone is detecting moisture, or thinks that it is detecting moisture. In either case, the phone likely won't take a charge until the device thinks that it is completely dry.

If you didn't have the device anywhere near water, then the issue could be related to your drop. The cracked back could be just the visible damage -- you may have cracked the circuit board as well. Depending on what is broken, that could present all sorts of symptoms, some not related to water damage. Of course, the broken back also means that the phone is no longer water-resistant.

Your best bet may be to find a reputable repair shop and just ask them to fix it. I wouldn't attempt to charge or power up the device though. If there IS water inside, you could further damage the device.
    08-08-2017 04:17 PM
    when I try to use phone it says battery temperature is too low , when off says theres water, but its dry, also all other functions works , also aint wireless charging don't affect charging port
    08-08-2017 05:55 PM
    How are you able to use the phone if you can't get it to charge?

If I understand it correctly, the charge port and the wireless charging receiver are both merely different inputs to the battery charging system. You won't have to look very long to find reports of people getting their phones wet and not being able to charge at all, even without the wire.

If the phone thinks that it is wet, it will shut down the charging system to prevent further damage. If the phone reports that it is wet but is not, then you have another issue that is causing the phone to respond as though it is wet, causing the phone to stop you from charging the battery. It may be related to you dropping the phone, and it may not. In any event, it's going to cost you some decent money to get it fixed.
    08-08-2017 06:27 PM
    Have you tried wiping the cache?

To do this : fully power off then hold volume up & Bixby & power key at the same time and wait for the Samsung logo to appear and let go. Give the phone about 30 seconds (it'll tell you something failed, then it'll give you a menu.) Once you're in the menu, use the volume keys to scroll down to "Wipe Cache" then hit the power button to hit enter.

Once wiped, restart and see if it says there's moisture or not.

Good luck!
    08-08-2017 08:13 PM