Pros and Cons of the Galaxy S8?

Niv77

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I need your opinions.
I'm thinking of getting an S8+ but I would like to know what are the pros and the cons first.
Any issues with S8+?
Thanks!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Screen burn in if you leave your display on for very long periods of time especially with high brightness

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It's a brilliant device but fingerprint, iris and face recognition are all unreliable in my case... Otherwise it's great.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Except for every Samsung phone I've ever owned.
And never on any Samsung phone I've ever owned. So now were zeroed out. If it were an issue don't you think there would be mass amounts of people online complaining about it?

Navigation apps are the biggest culprit of causing this issue. Avoid having navigation visible for hours on end and you likely will never see burn in.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Except for every Samsung phone I've ever owned.

I've had every Galaxy S since the s2, some of them more than once. I've had the Note 3 and 4 too and I can honestly say I've never, EVER had screen burn in or even image retention on any of them. I've never had screen burn on any phone in fact and I've had many Androids, Windows phones and every iPhone. I'm not saying some phones don't suffer it but I've yet to see it personally. Phones on display in a shop with static images are likely to suffer screen burn but when in the real world does someone keep their phone on all day without the screen changing?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Every phone I've owned since having an HP Pre 3 suffered from burn in or retention. Samsung Galaxy S4 and two Galaxy Note Edges. All with burn in. LG V10 and V20 both with retention.

So I choose retention over permanent burn in since I can't seem to avoid one or the other.

I use my phone more than the average person I suppose. Just something to consider for heavy users that's all.