08-15-2017 01:34 PM
89 ... 234
tools
    Must admit that the curved screen doesn't really offer me any advantages over a flat screen. So it's likely more about design distinction than anything else.
    flyingkytez likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:11 AM
    Must admit that the curved screen doesn't really offer me any advantages over a flat screen. So it's likely more about design distinction than anything else. It's by far the best darn smartphone that I've ever owned, however I would have preferred it to be flat.
    08-12-2017 09:15 AM
    The edge screen is useless. I'd take a flat screen all day long.
    tuckertje01 and flyingkytez like this.
    08-12-2017 09:21 AM
    That's the main reason j returned two s8 pluses. I couldn't take the curved screen anymore. I much prefer the flag scree. I just picked up the s8 active and it feel much better. So far so good.
    flyingkytez likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:32 AM
    No. I like the edge screen and use the functionality a lot. The curves make the phone different from the rest in the market.

The edge also comes into play when I use action launcher which has functionalities for the two edges. Doesn't feel so good on flat screens.
    whitecollar likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:51 AM
    Curved screens are beautiful, but it is harder to handle because there's a tendency to touch them unintentionally, and it gets frustrating as time goes by.
    Norg and flyingkytez like this.
    08-14-2017 06:00 AM
    Curved screens are beautiful, but it is harder to handle because there's a tendency to touch them unintentionally, and it gets frustrating as time goes by.
    True for me too, one could argue that it's just part of the learning curve. Pun intended...However, for me the fact that I definitely need a solid case around this fragile marvel of technology, offsets most of the benefits of having a curved screen in the first place. I'm basically using it as if it was a flat screen device and because it's so well covered, you can't see the design traits anyway!!
    tuckertje01 likes this.
    08-14-2017 08:49 AM
    True for me too, one could argue that it's just part of the learning curve. Pun intended...However, for me the fact that I definitely need a solid case around this fragile marvel of technology, offsets most of the benefits of having a curved screen in the first place. I'm basically using it as if it was a flat screen device and because it's so well covered, you can't see the design traits anyway!!
    This! The phone is gorgeous when it's out the case and that's the only time you see the benifit of the infinity display because using a case is effectively adding over 5mm of bezels at either side. When it is out the case you almost instantly making false touches with the inside of your hand and it's way too fragile and vulnerable without the case on anyway. So you basically have to choose a beautiful, overly fragile phone or a decent looking phone in a case that's a little less fragile
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    08-14-2017 10:18 AM
    I wish they offered either the S8 or S8 Plus with a flat screen (and I don't mean the Active version). I think the curved edges are ugly and annoying which is why I won't buy an S8. I have no problem that they offer the curved edge models because obviously some people like/prefer them, but I don't.
    08-14-2017 03:06 PM
    I wish they offered either the S8 or S8 Plus with a flat screen (and I don't mean the Active version). I think the curved edges are ugly and annoying which is why I won't buy an S8. I have no problem that they offer the curved edge models because obviously some people like/prefer them, but I don't.
    It might have or it might not have sold well. Either way, doesn't matter because Samsung wants it to be standard so people can recognize their phones.
    08-14-2017 11:24 PM
    The curved screen is awesome! Makes the phone stand out and makes the screen seem endless..... You need a screen protector for it if you don't want it to crack as soon as you drop it though!
    Norg likes this.
    08-15-2017 07:22 AM
    08-15-2017 07:27 AM
    I just upgraded from nexus 6p to s8+
    I love the curved screen!
    08-15-2017 09:45 AM
    Yes. That and no CRT style curved corners.
    08-15-2017 01:34 PM
89 ... 234