How do you get the vanishing navigation bar to stay visible?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm missing something. I tap the dot on the left and it stays but soon after it reverts to vanishing.

I've decided that, although it's really cool, it pops up over my dock and blocks those apps for a few seconds before it disappears again. Gets in the way of quickly starting a text or email. I thought of maybe moving the buttons.

For now, am I doing something wrong by just tapping the dot? Is there a way to make it always visible.

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Didn't know that was there.

So what is the point of the little dot button? Just to temporarily lock the bar?

If you activate the aforementioned switch, it just lets you choose when you want the bar to be visible and when not to. If you deactivate it, the option is gone and the bar stays on top all the time.

I agree, while having the option is nice, the execution is lacking as it more often than not glitches and interferes with app operation (try showing the bar on the FB app when it's hidden while making a comment... night. mare. )

js12278

May 13, 2011
Visit site
If you have it switched off, swipe up (at the bottom) and the bar and button will appear again allowing you to hit the button to make the change again.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you activate the aforementioned switch, it just lets you choose when you want the bar to be visible and when not to. If you deactivate it, the option is gone and the bar stays on top all the time.

You mean it remembers that you chose to make it stick? That's my issue. I can make it stick by tapping the button but it inevitably returns to hiding itself until I swipe it up. So, in my view, it's just to temporarily lock it in place. "Temporarily" seems to be unclear because it seems to randomly decide when not to stick anymore.

Ideally - visible on home screen, invisible other places.

Dream functionaility? Adjustable on a per app basis.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1