Hi everyone.

I hope y'all doing good today.

I've just got a Galaxy S8 and thought I'd check out Bixby to see what it's all about but I can't seem to set it up.

I pressed the Bixby button and the Bixby splash screen shows up and it says... 'Recommendations and reminders' & 'Bixby recommends cool stuff and reminds you of important things'. At the bottom right of the screen there is a 'NEXT>' button and when I tap it a green and blue circular loading graphic appears but nothing else happens. It's like it's stuck on loading.

If anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.
    08-09-2017 06:42 PM
    Go to Galaxy apps and make sure all your apps update including bixby.

Also I'm not sure if you have to make a Samsung account first to use bixby.

Check that as well.

Hope it works out for you.
    everway9 likes this.
    08-09-2017 06:55 PM
    Where are you located? Bixby isn't ready everywhere yet. Canada is still waiting and the US just got it recently
    everway9 likes this.
    08-09-2017 08:38 PM
    You should have the basic part of Bixby along with Bixby vision for the camera no matter your location. But as mentioned above, you may not have Bixby voice outside of the US or South Korea.
    everway9 likes this.
    08-10-2017 09:05 AM
    Hi.

Thank you all for your replies.

Everything including Bixby was updated and I had created a Samsung account.

I've had my phone changed now... not because Bixby didn't work (OMG how silly would that have been. ) When I received my S8 I thought it's actually quite small. I had the option to change the phone for up to 30 days if I wasn't satisfied with it. So I did... I got an S8+ instead. I'm happy now!

After I had updated everything and connected to my Samsung account I tried Bixby. And guess what.... it worked!

I don't think the voice works as you mentioned but the app does actually open now. I have no idea why it didn't open on the standard S8 though. Knowing me I probably did something wrong. I usually do.

Anyway.. does anyone have any idea when Bixby voice will be coming in the UK. And why is it taking so long?

Thanks again.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    08-11-2017 04:47 PM
    Hi.

Thank you all for your replies.

Everything including Bixby was updated and I had created a Samsung account.

I've had my phone changed now... not because Bixby didn't work (OMG how silly would that have been. ) When I received my S8 I thought it's actually quite small. I had the option to change the phone for up to 30 days if I wasn't satisfied with it. So I did... I got an S8+ instead. I'm happy now!

After I had updated everything and connected to my Samsung account I tried Bixby. And guess what.... it worked!

I don't think the voice works as you mentioned but the app does actually open now. I have no idea why it didn't open on the standard S8 though. Knowing me I probably did something wrong. I usually do.

Anyway.. does anyone have any idea when Bixby voice will be coming in the UK. And why is it taking so long?

Thanks again.
    We get everything late here but we should finally be getting Bixby Voice here in the UK very soon. They said later in the year but there's a lot of hints it could be in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed!
    08-11-2017 04:51 PM
    Allllrighty then. Thanks. :-)
    08-11-2017 06:00 PM
    Allllrighty then. Thanks. :-)
    Have read global release for Bixby voice will be soon. Maybe they will roll it out with the release of the Note 8 on the 23rd of this month?
    08-12-2017 12:33 AM
    Cheers T48.
    08-13-2017 08:14 AM
    Finally Bixby voice is here in the UK. Shame it's only got US English at the moment. US is so important it always comes first!
    08-23-2017 05:29 PM
    . Maybe they will roll it out with the release of the Note 8 on the 23rd of this month?
    Some good insight shown there ..... could you give me this coming Saturday's lottery numbers please
    08-23-2017 05:49 PM
    Some good insight shown there ������..... could you give me this coming Saturday's lottery numbers please
    08-23-2017 06:05 PM
    Anyone know how to get Google assistant working along side Bixby? I've heard using both is possible and a good combination. However I can't find Google assistant on my phone.

Any ideas or should I start a new thread?

Thanks as always.
    08-23-2017 06:08 PM