So my Galaxy S8+ used to require me to put in my password/iris before it would let me power off the device (which I liked for security). I had factory reset the phone, but now it doesn't ask me for my passcode/iris, and it just allows anyone to turn off my phone.

Does anyone know where the setting for this is or how to activate it again?
    08-11-2017 12:20 AM
    Should be on the Lockscreen And Security section of your phone's settings. There should be a 'Secure Startup' option there. That's the one you want.
    08-11-2017 01:08 AM
    Should be on the Lockscreen And Security section of your phone's settings. There should be a 'Secure Startup' option there. That's the one you want.
    I think he means when you turn the phone OFF. I have not seen any option for this. "Secure Startup" only works to power on the phone (that is, if the setting remains on which it doesn't for me).
    08-11-2017 01:20 AM
    I think he means when you turn the phone OFF. I have not seen any option for this. "Secure Startup" only works to power on the phone (that is, if the setting remains on which it doesn't for me).
    Yea when you turn the phone off it used to ask my for my pass code or iris... I need to find how to turn that back on
    08-11-2017 02:11 AM
    I can only switch mine off after I've unlocked it,I don't remember any setting I had to do for it though.
    08-11-2017 07:37 AM
    Yea when you turn the phone off it used to ask my for my pass code or iris... I need to find how to turn that back on
    Ooooh, that! Sorry, misread the post then :S

Same settings area though; Lockscreen and Security, Secure Lock Settings, and then make sure the 'Lock Network and Security' toggle is on. That will also make the phone ask you for ID when you try to turn WiFi off or set it to Airplane mode while locked.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    08-11-2017 11:11 AM
    Ooooh, that! Sorry, misread the post then :S

Same settings area though; Lockscreen and Security, Secure Lock Settings, and then make sure the 'Lock Network and Security' toggle is on. That will also make the phone ask you for ID when you try to turn WiFi off or set it to Airplane mode while locked.
    Dude you are a life saver! Thanks!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-11-2017 11:17 AM
    Dude you are a life saver! Thanks!
    To paraphrase the great Andrew Martin... One is glad to be of assistance.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    08-11-2017 11:23 AM