So I've got the S8+ and I keep having an issue with it auto replying to any missed calls I have! I run a business with my phone and client have been getting "sorry, I can't talk right now. Call back later"

Now I've spent the last 3 days searching this through the interwebs and had 0 luck, I've removed all of the quick responses to ensure it wasn't those and it's still sending these texts, I'm on the latest firmware update and all my apps are up to date, the only non stock app I have on my phone is Avast Antivirus (which I have run to make sure it wasn't infected).

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm on the brink of selling the phone and going back to iPhone 😡
    Catbomb78 and crux12 like this.
    08-12-2017 09:36 AM
    If you have any "Android Auto" type of app, or anything with "car mode" enabled, that could be autoanswering every SMS.
    08-12-2017 12:03 PM
    I'm having the same issue. It's frustrating as in have no intention of returning half my missed calls. It's a stupid feature with no obvious way of turning off.
    10-20-2017 04:43 AM
    This is not happening on mine, so it is likely to be some setting...
    10-20-2017 07:46 AM
    So I've got the S8+ and I keep having an issue with it auto replying to any missed calls I have! I run a business with my phone and client have been getting "sorry, I can't talk right now. Call back later"

Now I've spent the last 3 days searching this through the interwebs and had 0 luck, I've removed all of the quick responses to ensure it wasn't those and it's still sending these texts, I'm on the latest firmware update and all my apps are up to date, the only non stock app I have on my phone is Avast Antivirus (which I have run to make sure it wasn't infected).

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm on the brink of selling the phone and going back to iPhone 😡
    "Sorry I can't talk right now, call back later." Samsung auto reply; Just plain rude!!

Ok so I had the same issue. It drove me crazy... but then I realized I didn't get this powerful phone for so much and this should an issue!

It took hours to find this :P ... you're welcome!

Alright, this is a feature from way back as S6 edge. very cool.

Head down to your settings
    stop at Display
    look for Edge screen
    In your Edge screen, Find Edge lighting
    Ok it gets nuts here!!! go to the top; find the "vertical ellipsis" (...) Samsung Galaxy S8+ Texting Missed Calls Automatically-capture.jpg

Sammy! why put this here?!
    ok, select the quick reply option. It is self explanatory from here

you can turn it off!! or like me; " I am sorry I missed your call, please leave a message."

Hey! you know one cool feature; your S8 screen edge can notify you with custom cool colors. check it out.

Enjoy!
    Keep discovering.
    brianjsw and theironphoenix like this.
    10-21-2017 07:26 PM
    Amazing! I've had the same issue for a few weeks now with my S7 Edge. It would sometimes auto-reject calls when it's in my pocket and then send this text. I didn't know why. I thought it had something to do with my Garmin smart watch which connects to the phone, but no. This was exactly it, and I have no idea how it got turned on. It is, in all honesty, opposite to anything I would ever want, especially with nuisance callers. I'm thinking the latest Android update might have switched it on. I'm fairly certain I didn't.
    11-22-2017 10:05 AM
    Good grief what a place for this to be located, but on a positive note thanks for pointing me in the right direction to fix it. 👏
    11-22-2017 01:40 PM
    Well I thought this wasn't an issue anymore and I had it fixed. But today it done it again. I made sure it was turned off again and changed the auto reply message from the default just to see for sure if this is where it's coming from
    12-06-2017 06:17 PM
    crux12 is correct (Thank you, crux!)

I have an S7 Edge using Android 7.0, so I've gone ahead and made a quick JPG on how to disable/change this feature:

https://imgur.com/dVeg7Bf
    01-18-2018 12:52 PM
    Kudos for finding this!

It takes extraordinary talent to position this feature on Edge Lighting option )

"Sorry I can't talk right now, call back later." Samsung auto reply; Just plain rude!!

Ok so I had the same issue. It drove me crazy... but then I realized I didn't get this powerful phone for so much and this should an issue!

It took hours to find this :P ... you're welcome!

Alright, this is a feature from way back as S6 edge. very cool.

Head down to your settings
    stop at Display
    look for Edge screen
    In your Edge screen, Find Edge lighting
    Ok it gets nuts here!!! go to the top; find the "vertical ellipsis" (...) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	271766

Sammy! why put this here?!
    ok, select the quick reply option. It is self explanatory from here

you can turn it off!! or like me; " I am sorry I missed your call, please leave a message."

Hey! you know one cool feature; your S8 screen edge can notify you with custom cool colors. check it out.

Enjoy!
    Keep discovering.
    05-27-2018 11:57 PM