Galaxy S8 Fingerprint sensor poll

How often does it work on the first 2 trys?

• Total voters

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How often does your fingerprint sensor work on your S8/+?
Well, as of lately, thankfully more often than not. But I know what you mean when it stops working, I have to go into the settings and toggle the fingerprint scanner motion on and off.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
IF anyone knows how for me to edit that poll title, please let me know. I can edit the post, but not the poll it seems. I TRIED but couldn't manage to find a way. :)

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue where mine FPS will periodically completely stop working until I reboot the phone no matter how I positioned my finger. I did some research and found that this issue has something to do with the fingerprint gestures being turned on. If I turn off fingerprint gestures, the FPS starts working again. I can even turn fingerprint gestures back on and the FPS will work again for a little while. I am keeping the fingerprint gestures off for now until this issue gets fixed.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue where mine FPS will periodically completely stop working until I reboot the phone no matter how I positioned my finger. I did some research and found that this issue has something to do with the fingerprint gestures being turned on. If I turn off fingerprint gestures, the FPS starts working again. I can even turn fingerprint gestures back on and the FPS will work again for a little while. I am keeping the fingerprint gestures off for now until this issue gets fixed.
Yes, that's the infrequent issue that I talked about as well. Sometimes my fingerprint scanner will stop working sporadically and I have to go into the settings menu, fingerprint scanner, toggle it on and off. That hasn't happened in a while though.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely hate the fingerprint sensor location BUT in fairness it works 100% of the time for me. I saved 2 fingerprints for the same finger and that helps a lot with reliability

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No problems at all here on my S8+. And, I'm apparently one of the few who have no problem with the FPS location. I've had mine since launch day and I don't even think twice when using it. My finger just goes there naturally now.

But to put that in context, I found the FPS of the Pixel XL to be too low for me.