Galaxy S8 Fingerprint sensor poll

How often does it work on the first 2 trys?

• Total voters

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not working? There have been a few votes. Hmmm...I wonder if it's because I misspelled tries. lol.

DOH! I must have hit view results instead of vote. Worked this time. But there are only a few votes? This thread is long.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
DOH! I must have hit view results instead of vote. Worked this time. But there are only a few votes? This thread is long.

Yea, I think people are posting and not actually voting. But it's still feedback. I'd be curious to see the numbers tho.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes, like 3 days once or so, the FPS for me will completely stop working for no reason. The only fix is a restart. Other than this annoying issue, with a proper case, the FPS accuracy is good.

However, while the accuracy is good, it is slower compared to my U11 and OnePlus 5. Hopefully we can see better ones in Note 8!

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the app to access this website and it apparently doesn't let me view/vote polls.

My answer would be just about never. I have to go in to settings, erase one of the fingerprint profiles saved, set up a new one, and then it works fine for a day or two.

jimmyjam22

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Always works.
Also I'm left handed, thought that would be a huge disadvantage and turns out better not having to reach across the camera lens.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, like 3 days once or so, the FPS for me will completely stop working for no reason. The only fix is a restart. Other than this annoying issue, with a proper case, the FPS accuracy is good.

However, while the accuracy is good, it is slower compared to my U11 and OnePlus 5. Hopefully we can see better ones in Note 8!
Do you have fingerprint gestures on? Turn it off and that problem will go away. It's a bug.
Yea, I think people are posting and not actually voting. But it's still feedback. I'd be curious to see the numbers tho.
I use Tapatalk. Can't vote using it.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Question is moot.. half the time my first finger press is half asses and not fully on the pad.

In seriousness I have had very little accuracy problems, but I have noticed once in a great while i do get the "pad is totally unresponsive" thing and I need to unlock it manually. It comes back to live the next time I lock it.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I didn't use it for the first three or four months that I had the phone, but I started using it about a month ago and it works and majority of the time now that I learned how to place my finger on it while inside of its ghostek case.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I get the error quite often about making sure I'm covering the entire sensor, but then again, I don't have big meaty man hands like a lot of you guys (I'm 5'4"). It's a little daunting sometimes.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My fps works pretty much always on first attempt, but I use the iris scanner a little more often... I've had my S8+ since end of June.

Last edited:

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Works 90% of the time. the rest might be because the positioning might not have been right or in rare cases an unresponsive pad.

The positioning is still awkward, but it'll be what Samsung will use in the near future

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
the first 2 days I had the phone, i didn't yet have a case on it. During that period of time, I would say close to 20%. It was terrible. I mean, I really really hated the phone, to the point I was considering selling it (or returning it and taking the restocking fee hit).

Man, I am glad I did not do that. I wound up buying a cheap, thin case on Amazon (clear Spigen case) and popped it on. Ever since then, I am pretty close to 100% accuracy on the fingerprint sensor. The case (not just this case - any case really) acts as a natural guide for your finger to hit in order to unlock. After a few days, you will get the hang of it easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20