09-07-2017 02:50 PM
40 12
tools
    OK I'm not using any protection for the face but my S8 plus seems to easily pick up little hairline scratches. Only notice them in sun but annoying nonetheless. I had no such thing with my LGG4 in two years of use.
    08-13-2017 04:52 AM
    Slap a screen protector on your phone.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-13-2017 04:59 AM
    I agree with corpse. Why not try to protect an almost $1000 item?
    08-13-2017 10:35 AM
    That's my biggest annoyance with this phone, the screen gets minor scratches easily and with the curved display it's hard to even find a decent screen protector.
    08-13-2017 01:26 PM
    That's one of the many reasons I don't like the curved screens. As beautiful as they are I don't like feeling like I have to baby it. Just picked up the active. Lo e The flat screen. I put a screen protector on this also.
    08-13-2017 04:02 PM
    The S8 displays in mobile stores are all scratched up. I could definitely put on a screen protector.
    08-13-2017 05:49 PM
    No screen protector since release day. So far so good
    Viscomi4444 and Noah2814 like this.
    08-13-2017 06:38 PM
    OK I'm not using any protection for the face but my S8 plus seems to easily pick up little hairline scratches. Only notice them in sun but annoying nonetheless. I had no such thing with my LGG4 in two years of use.
    The might just be scratches in the oleophobic coating. One way to tell is if they mostly disappear when you buff them with a cloth. They come back when you touch the screen though.
    mcaspe1 likes this.
    08-13-2017 06:58 PM
    The S8 has Gorilla Glass 5, which scratches easily. I've started a huge thread about it and biased S8 owners didn't want to believe it. It's only going to get worse, best that you install a screen protector now.
    08-13-2017 07:19 PM
    No screen protector since release day. So far so good
    Good for you. But the question isn't whether your screen is scratched or not.

The question that matters is, are you confident that your screen will stay scratch-free in long term?
    08-13-2017 09:31 PM

The question that matters is, are you confident that your screen will stay scratch-free in long term?
    Yep. .
    08-13-2017 10:13 PM
    ive been running my s8 without a screen protector for weeks now but when out and about it is in a holster and I've had no issues with the coating breakup or scratching. You probably have crap in your pockets you don't know about.
    08-13-2017 10:42 PM
    The S8 has Gorilla Glass 5, which scratches easily. I've started a huge thread about it and biased S8 owners didn't want to believe it. It's only going to get worse, best that you install a screen protector now.
    Yep...all us bias S8 owners sitting here secretly, with a bunch of scratches on our screens.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    08-13-2017 10:49 PM

Long term? In this thread we're hearing about scratches right now. Why isn't everyone's scratched up by now?
    08-13-2017 10:51 PM
    So .. Can we say the same thing about you being biased when you hype up LG and its features?

Let's not try and call people liars. K? K. I can take a pic if you don't believe me but I have zero scratches. I take care of my phones . Last phone I scratched was the Note 3.
    08-13-2017 11:16 PM
    08-13-2017 11:40 PM
    Didn't GG4 have the better balance between scratch resistance and shatter resistance?
    08-14-2017 09:11 AM
    So .. Can we say the same thing about you being biased when you hype up LG and its features?

Let's not try and call people liars. K? K. I can take a pic if you don't believe me but I have zero scratches. I take care of my phones . Last phone I scratched was the Note 3.
    Hold it under bright light and tilt it at an angle. You'll see it.

BTW not calling anyone in particular a liar, just saying it like it is. I'm not all about LG, I complained about the V30 and how I disliked the design and how they removed all my favorite features. I also don't like the V20 camera all that much, it's just alright. I'm actually looking forward to getting the S8 Active because the design is better.
    08-14-2017 10:20 AM
    Hold it under bright light and tilt it at an angle. You'll see it.

BTW not calling anyone in particular a liar, just saying it like it is. I'm not all about LG, I complained about the V30 and how I disliked the design and how they removed all my favorite features. I also don't like the V20 camera all that much, it's just alright.
    Held under a bright light -- Don't see it.

You pretty much are calling people a liar. You're saying they're biased and therefore must be lying and not telling the truth about them not having scratches. That is fine if you don't want to take their word for it but to sit here and just say people are biased in one forum but yet you can preach many other things elsewhere is definitely not cool at all. Posting like that is not productive at all.
    08-14-2017 10:35 AM
    Mines not scratched either but then again I use tempered glass protectors already on number 4 because they crack easily without dropping them especially with a case since they only put adhesives on the outside. To cover scratches just slap a plastic screen protector on it it usually hides annoying scratches. As far as not using one I do too much physical work with dirt sand metal etc all above are hell on glass. Good luck to you all
    08-14-2017 11:08 AM
    Held under a bright light -- Don't see it.

You pretty much are calling people a liar. You're saying they're biased and therefore must be lying and not telling the truth about them not having scratches. That is fine if you don't want to take their word for it but to sit here and just say people are biased in one forum but yet you can preach many other things elsewhere is definitely not cool at all. Posting like that is not productive at all.
    It's okay to warn people about the scratches. People have the right to be informed.
    08-14-2017 11:14 AM
    It's okay to warn people about the scratches. People have the right to be informed.
    And I never ever once said you can't warn people about potential scratches. My issue is you're saying because you had scratches that everyone has to have them or they're biased -- That is not cool. That is basically saying they're liars because they say their phone is clear.

If you want to talk about this more send me a PM. It is pretty clear what I meant and what I was talking about.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    08-14-2017 11:17 AM
    And I never ever once said you can't warn people about potential scratches. My issue is you're saying because you had scratches that everyone has to have them or they're biased -- That is not cool. That is basically saying they're liars because they say their phone is clear.

If you want to talk about this more send me a PM. It is pretty clear what I meant and what I was talking about.
    My original post:

https://m.androidcentral.com/those-w...-protector-gs8

Other reports:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ily/td-p/93816

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ry-easily.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/co...s8_scratching/

I was one of the first few to mention it and was trying to warn everyone. The S8 indeed scratches easily and it's a fact. Some refuse to believe it and it's okay, they will get a scratch eventually or already has but overlooking it.
    08-14-2017 11:21 AM
    My original post:

https://m.androidcentral.com/those-w...-protector-gs8

Other reports:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ily/td-p/93816

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ry-easily.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/co...s8_scratching/

I was one of the first few to mention it and was trying to warn everyone. The S8 indeed scratches easily and it's a fact. Some refuse to believe it and it's okay, they will get a scratch eventually.
    You seem to be missing my point so I will lay it out better.

You're allow to post that you think it scratches easily -- That isn't an issue. You're allowed to have your opinion and always will be allowed to have it.

The issue is calling people biased for saying theirs isn't scratched. That is pretty much insinuating that they're lying. That is the part that isn't cool... so please refrain from doing that.

I hope that makes it clearer.
    VW Maverick and sweetypie31 like this.
    08-14-2017 11:30 AM
    You seem to be missing my point so I will lay it out better.

You're allow to post that you think it scratches easily -- That isn't an issue. You're allowed to have your opinion and always will be allowed to have it.

The issue is calling people biased for saying theirs isn't scratched. That is pretty much insinuating that they're lying. That is the part that isn't cool... so please refrain from doing that.

I hope that makes it clearer.
    I agree. I think we already know these phones are more prone to scratches (at least the outer coating does) and damage and are fragile in some situations (And really didn't need anyone to tell us that).

But my phone is free from scratches in every light, and I think people should know that as well.

Saying people you don't know are all bias because their experience is different from what you know, just means you want to control the narrative, and don't want anyone going against it.
    08-14-2017 11:36 AM
40 12