wireless charging, S8+

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Any experiences (pro's/con's) comparing Regular wireless charging with Fast wireless charging for S8+?

I noticed on Samsung site, there are 2 Fast pads (one costing 90$ EP-PG950TBEGUS, and the other $60 EP-NG930TFUGUS - what is difference??
Does Fast harm performance of battery in long-term (due to increased heat etc), or not?
What's the rush? Mostly used bedside while sleeping. How long for full or near-full charge for each type?

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The charging performance of the two are the same. Both have integrated fans to reduce overheating. The PG950TBEGUS is convertable -- it works as a stand or folds into a pad. The NG930TFUGUS is last years model, and is a stand only. I have two of the NG930TFUGUS and they work great with my S8+.

"The rush"? Not all users have the same requirements. There are times I've been pounding my device all day and toss it onto the charger for a quick boost before going out for an evening.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging will always take longer to charger then plugging a cable in. Right now my S8+ is at 64% and would take another hour to completely charge. I believe it takes about 2.5 hrs to wireless charge from about 10-15%. Plugging in at 10-15% would take about 90 minutes. This is with fast charging turned on.

SexyLi

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
It usually spends 2 hours to charge full for your S8+. When you use the wireless charging, you'd better use the original charger and cable.:cool:

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the 90$ one and it works good for at night because I can stand the phone up. As far as fast charging goes I personally use a cable when I want a quick charge

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a slow wireless charger that I bought when I had my S6. It is a Samsung brand wireless charger. I actually prefer the slow speed one since I only use it on my night stand next to the bed and it charges when I'm sleeping. I have no need for it to charge fast and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that it's getting a slow charge during the night. On my S6 and even the S7 Edge, if I didn't place it on the charger perfectly, it sometimes would stop charging. I have only had this happen once on the S8+ so that's nice. I think wireless charging is a gimmick but it's kind of cool to just be able to plop it down on the pad when I go to sleep. I really don't find plugging a cord in the bottom of a phone to be much of a hassle though.

If you actually need to use your phone while it's charging, wireless charging is a total PITA and it's better to just have a cord.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
It usually spends 2 hours to charge full for your S8+. When you use the wireless charging, you'd better use the original charger and cable.:cool:
I use 3rd party wireless charger, cables, and power adapters all day with no issues. I have one wireless in the car and 2 others bedside.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995