All right guys answer this for me. I have both an iPhone 6s Plus and a Nexus 6p. Granted both are two year old devices. But I can unplug my iPhone at 100% and an hour later, with moderate use its still around 98/99% battery.

My Nexus on the other hand, I can unplug it at 100% and two hours later with no usage aside from notifications, I'm already knocking on the door of 50%. Hence why my daily driver right now is the iPhone, unfortunately.

So, with the flagship 8th generation Samsung flagship devices, what kind of drainage are you all seeing from minimal to moderate usage?

I'm looking at getting the Note 8, but trying to gauge how the current phones are doing.

Thanks
    08-15-2017 09:06 PM
    I could go 15 hours heavy use and end up with 10 percent left at the end of day. Email with photos all day and heavy text and internet surfing.
    iFortWorth and amyf27 like this.
    08-15-2017 09:08 PM
    Every Android device I've owned, most being Galaxy's, I've been burned by the battery (no pun truly intended). That's why I ask.
    08-15-2017 09:09 PM
    Every Android device I've owned, most being Galaxy's, I've been burned by the battery (no pun truly intended). That's why I ask.
    This is my use today. Unplugged before 5 am and now after 7 pm.

Galaxy S8+

iFortWorth likes this.
    08-15-2017 09:12 PM
    This is my use today. Unplugged before 5 am and now after 7 pm.

Galaxy S8+

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...be5fba86bb.jpg
    Wow!!!

Just out of curiosity. Many apps with notifications and or widgets?
    08-15-2017 09:15 PM
    Wow!!!

Just out of curiosity. Many apps with notifications and or widgets?
    I have:

samsung health pedometer widget
    Gsam widget
    Weather underground widget
    Maybe about 60 apps
    I run the BlackBerry suite of apps (Hub, contacts, calendar, and keyboard)
    I sync 3 office365 accounts and 4 imap accounts - all with active notifications.

I don't have Facebook running (I don't use facebook)
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-15-2017 09:34 PM
    All right guys answer this for me. I have both an iPhone 6s Plus and a Nexus 6p. Granted both are two year old devices. But I can unplug my iPhone at 100% and an hour later, with moderate use its still around 98/99% battery.

My Nexus on the other hand, I can unplug it at 100% and two hours later with no usage aside from notifications, I'm already knocking on the door of 50%. Hence why my daily driver right now is the iPhone, unfortunately.

So, with the flagship 8th generation Samsung flagship devices, what kind of drainage are you all seeing from minimal to moderate usage?

I'm looking at getting the Note 8, but trying to gauge how the current phones are doing.

Thanks
    My Nexus 6P was a joke. Don't get me wrong, I loved the clean UI (had a Nexus 5 and a Google play edition Galaxy)...but I would unplug that thing in the AM still running wifi only. Yet after 15 mins of surfing the news before I got out of bed it often went from 100% to 89-90%. One tenth of the battery life In about 15 mins? That is just pathetic.

Last month I bought my girlfriend a brand new unlocked Galaxy S8+ and she has been getting *really good* battery life. Not the 10-11 hour SOT per charge that I can pull with my Z Play, but a really respectable and consistent 6-6 1/2 hour SOT and solid standby times. I don't know if this has anything to do with it being unlocked and free of carrier bloat, but based on what she's been experiencing I'd say go for it.

That said, if you *really* want amazing Battery life, save a few hundred $ and get a 2016 Z Play 😬😉
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-15-2017 10:47 PM
    My experience is that my data connection on my S7E is what kills the battery.

On standby with data connection off, it averages at around 0.7%/hr, which translate to under 5 days of standby. However, turning on LTE data connection, the battery drainage jumps to 3%/hr on standby. Still respectable, but big difference.

That's standby though, and usage will make it go higher. My typical stats are:

I'd probably only need to charge once a day if it comes to it but I typically plug the phone in before it goes down to 40%. I always bring a power bank as well when I go out so I can charge it up before it goes down as well. And I typically unplug it at 90% (I've set it to beep and change LED color at 90%).

But if it comes down to it I know I can rely on the phone to last me til I get home without resorting to ultra power saver mode.
    Not bad for a 1yr 4mo old battery (bought the phone April last year).

The battery tech on the S8 is similar to the S7 except that capacity degrades slower. On the S7 units, they expect the battery to degrade to around 80% health after a year, but the S8 is said to only degrade to 90% after a similar time period.

Of course proper battery maintenance practices makes it last longer than that, but not everyone is expected to practice those.
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-15-2017 11:44 PM
    I unplug mine at 400 AM when I get up for work. I dont use it alot at work but do use it. I use it alot after work til bed... Im at 58% and its almost 900 PM. This battery is great compared to my Galaxy S6!
    iFortWorth and AndroidFan3420 like this.
    08-16-2017 07:50 PM