frustrated with my s8

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So over the weekend, my phone decided to answer two phone calls without me even touching the phone. I was watching tv and my phone was on coffee table. Next thing I hear is my daughter saying hello hello. The second time it was my friend whom also was saying hello hello. This worries me as if it does it anyone who calls can listen in on us. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on this?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So over the weekend, my phone decided to answer two phone calls without me even touching the phone. I was watching tv and my phone was on coffee table. Next thing I hear is my daughter saying hello hello. The second time it was my friend whom also was saying hello hello. This worries me as if it does it anyone who calls can listen in on us. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on this?
To tell you but not that I can tell you. I've had my S8 since it launched and everything's been fine with it. The most I can suggest you try a reboot. If that doesn't work you might have to hard wipe it and start from scratch.

rph72

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Do you perhaps have automatic answering enabled and a Bluetooth device like a watch attached?
ab0f35d8caa4dd967d5fac21083753e8.jpg

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Very odd has to be one of the best devices to date for me with no issues ever.

I want to agree with you so bad. But when my phone takes phone calls on its own that is a huge problem. Guess I will be running up to my phone carrier today to see if they can help me. I have already rebooted and wiped it clean. Right after the first time. So I really don't know what to do now. :(

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
In sounds and vibration settings, go to answering calls option and see if you have enabled automatic answering after 2 secs if a Bluetooth device has been connected. That's the only reason I can see for this behavior.

Turn that off and you should be fine

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
It could also be caused by the phone thinking the TV voices were you answering by voice. My S8+ always tries to get me to say answer or decline when I'm using my Bluetooth or my S3 Watch.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Or maybe you can try seeing if what was posted above about the Auto Answer when connected to a Bluetooth device is on. If no, then try wiping cache partition in Recovery mode, to me, there's no need to waste time on Carriers just yet.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
sorry it has been awhile. Had to take care of some things. I checked and no automatic answering is off. I am back in town so I think I will be going tomorow to get help as my phone did it again. And I have nothing connected to bluetooth. I don't even keep it on. My phone is almost bare. I have like 5 apps I downloaded.

Does anyone know how to turn bixby off? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You cannot turn bixby off.. but if you don't log it into something it will remain in a dormant state and ask to be setup when you hit the button.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
You can go into apps and force stop the bixby programs and get a bixby remap program for the button. I have mine open google next and disable the button when screen is locked so I don't push it picking up the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton