Okay, so just out of curiosity, do a lot of people here put their screen timeout on 30 seconds or 15 seconds? Considering how anal I am about my phone's battery the Samsung Plus application Auto put my screen timeout setting on 15 seconds but I'm wondering if I should put it back up to 30 seconds? Thanks for any suggestions.
    08-17-2017 10:49 AM
    I'm at 30 seconds because 15 just doesn't cut it for me when quickly glancing at e-mails or codes and stuff... and to avoid having to fiddle with the screen, I just set it to 30. BUT when I'm not using it, I do turn the screen off manually instead of waiting for it to time out.
    08-17-2017 11:02 AM
    I'm at 30 seconds because 15 just doesn't cut it for me when quickly glancing at e-mails or codes and stuff... and to avoid having to fiddle with the screen, I just set it to 30. BUT when I'm not using it, I do turn the screen off manually instead of waiting for it to time out.
    There's one other annoying that I haven't mentioned yet. When I'm showing people something on my screen like a YouTube video we're just a web article the screen is also always time me out and I get to knowing his I'm always having to unlock it through the fingerprint scanner over and over and over again. Something that I hadn't thought of before I did it. As far as manually lock on the screen and usually I'm just going to habit of hitting the lock button just to lock up the phone overall before I put it back down on the desk or something. I don't think I would know is that much of a difference 15 to 30 seconds of a screen time-out. What do you think?
    08-17-2017 11:14 AM
    For web articles, yeah... but YouTube videos should override the timeout because it's playing media. As for the difference, it depends on how many times you usually leave your phone down to time out. If it's only a couple times a day, it'll be 30 seconds 'less' screen-on time for you, but if it's every single time, that can add up.
    08-17-2017 12:11 PM
    For web articles, yeah... but YouTube videos should override the timeout because it's playing media. As for the difference, it depends on how many times you usually leave your phone down to time out. If it's only a couple times a day, it'll be 30 seconds 'less' screen-on time for you, but if it's every single time, that can add up.
    No I'm sorry what I meant to say was you're right but YouTube videos override the screen timeout setting. For web articles that got annoying. As far as when I lay my phone down to rest I always have a habit of locking it up like everyone else does with Android or iOS. I tell you I can tell already that the 30 second timeout versus 15 second screen timeout is much better it's less annoying and irritating and frustrating to work with.
    08-17-2017 12:13 PM
    No I'm sorry what I meant to say was you're right but YouTube videos override the screen timeout setting. For web articles that got annoying. As far as when I lay my phone down to rest I always have a habit of locking it up like everyone else does with Android or iOS. I tell you I can tell already that the 30 second timeout versus 15 second screen timeout is much better it's less annoying and irritating and frustrating to work with.
    You can also try to set the Smart Stay function (as long as there are eyes staring at the screen, it will override the timeout). It might work for you and keep the 15s timeout, but I find that 30s is a better balance for me.
    08-17-2017 12:16 PM
    You can also try to set the Smart Stay function (as long as there are eyes staring at the screen, it will override the timeout). It might work for you and keep the 15s timeout, but I find that 30s is a better balance for me.
    Yeah I completely agree with you. The one thing I need in my life all joking aside is balanced. With that being said, the 30 second screen timeout sounds better for me. Also what are your screen transition speeds at? I used to have them on point 5x but I I've got them on 2x now because the transitions are beautiful what about you?
    08-17-2017 12:18 PM
    Yeah I completely agree with you. The one thing I need in my life all joking aside is balanced. With that being said, the 30 second screen timeout sounds better for me. Also what are your screen transition speeds at? I used to have them on point 5x but I I've got them on 2x now because the transitions are beautiful what about you?
    I used to fiddle with them back when lag WAS an issue, but for a few devices now I never even look, so mine are set to 1x.
    08-17-2017 12:57 PM
    I used to fiddle with them back when lag WAS an issue, but for a few devices now I never even look, so mine are set to 1x.
    Yeah that's true. When lag was an issue with Android years ago, everyone fine-tuned those settings. Nowadays, I suppose not as many people do that. It's yet another bad Android misconception unfortunately. You know the only thing I've honestly done with my Galaxy SI other than the stock Android experience is a turn down the resolution on my screen all the way down cuz my eyes can't tell the difference and it saves immensely on battery-powered too!
    08-17-2017 01:00 PM