Nova Launcher

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I have my S8 setup on Nova Launcher with the pixel set up. With that being said the weather doesn't always auto update on my home screen. Usually have to manually click it and let it refresh and then it'll kick in several minutes later has anyone else ever had this issue? Thank you.
2131cd37b6b45a47d938808b025071eb.jpg
8c19733fdfecc6684f8259de2bcb66ca.jpg

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you check the settings on the widget for the refresh rate? I missed that on one of my widgets.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you check the settings on the widget for the refresh rate? I missed that on one of my widgets.
Well thank you for telling me to check. I didn't look at the advanced Labs settings. Now I know how the setting works. Haha.
ed1f9c6b0a5a94c1afd4d37c4572725b.jpg

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Okay so I have my S8 setup on Nova Launcher with the pixel set up. With that being said the weather doesn't always auto update on my home screen. Usually have to manually click it and let it refresh and then it'll kick in several minutes later has anyone else ever had this issue? Thank you. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170817/2131cd37b6b45a47d938808b025071eb.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170817/8c19733fdfecc6684f8259de2bcb66ca.jpg

Sorry, but what are you referring to when you say "Pixel setup?" Also, are you running Nova Launcher Beta? I have the paid version and I don't see any of that under Nova advanced settings.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but what are you referring to when you say "Pixel setup?" Also, are you running Nova Launcher Beta? I have the paid version and I don't see any of that under Nova advanced settings.
Those are the Nova Labs settings. To enable Labs, open Nova settings and hold volume down for 3 seconds.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
How are you liking Nova on the S8? I was using nova Pro on my moto g4 plus before and liked it well enough. However now that I've switched over to the S8, I actually don't mind the stock launcher, so I haven't switched over yet. Don't know if I'm missing any features by not switching to Nova.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Those are the Nova Labs settings. To enable Labs, open Nova settings and hold volume down for 3 seconds.
Thank you for explaining it. I'm sorry I should have said more so about that.
How are you liking Nova on the S8? I was using nova Pro on my moto g4 plus before and liked it well enough. However now that I've switched over to the S8, I actually don't mind the stock launcher, so I haven't switched over yet. Don't know if I'm missing any features by not switching to Nova.
When I first bought my S8, obviously I had TouchWiz Launcher on it which for the first time in Samsung Galaxy phone has surely, it wasn't a bad launcher at all very smooth fluid fast easy on memory resources. The only problem I really had was I had a Google folder setup in my app drawer and it wasn't quick fast efficient to access my Google Now cards whenever I wanted to. At the first tap on the folder than tap on the actual application. Doing this over and over and over repeatedly all day long. At first I didn't mind it but then it just got tiring. And that's what finally convinced me to try Nova Launcher out especially with the Sesame shortcuts and the pixel set up with the weather shortcut and the Google tab on the top left-hand side. Where can finally Slide the page over to your Google Now card page just like the pixel phones.

Again, by no means am I saying that the TouchWiz experience on the S8 phones is bad at all. Compared to the S7 phone's the S6 the S5 basically any other Galaxy phone that was ever made the Touchwiz on the S8 is good. And I really liked it. I even wound up having Nova Launcher Prime on my older Nexus 6p hahaha.

As far as a third-party launcher from the Play Store, all the reviews and all the other critics are right, Nova Launcher is program then coated to be extremely fast fluid and easy on memory reasons. It's highly customizable that's why it's always been and probably will always stay the top number one Android Launcher of all time. Now, that's not to say that it's the only third-party Android Launcher the PlayStore, it's literally just the only Android Launcher that's highly highly customizable and pretty easy to use for every Android user. That's what makes it so highly sought-after and used. And yes, for the record, I have tried other third-party launchers including Go Launcher and one or two other ones but they're not as fluid that use way too much memory and Battery resources and they're not as customizable as they should be for a launcher. The question of shall I have to use any third-party launcher whatsoever on my phone? Answer is you don't have to use anything in awhile years but if you want the most fluid fastest user experience on a smartphone then heck I say give it a shot. Besides the basic version of Nova Launcher is completely free. Unless you want the Google Now shortcuts and the Sesame shortcuts it's free you've got nothing to lose. I especially like the theming engine with in Nova Launcher for the application icons. Now of course Nova Launcher isn't the only third-party launcher that support icon packs but it's supports all of the icon packs. I hope this helps you out a little bit hahaha if you have any other questions please let me know.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I've been using Nova Launcher since my HTC Evo 4G (which was really just WiMax) .

I like that I can pay a little to never be bothered by ads

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I initially paid for Nova Launcher Prime because of the Google Now settings within Nova Launcher. But yeah if you just want out nova launcher it's completely free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang