Is anyone so fed up with Samsung that they are thinking about going to something else?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I came from a long line of Droids which I liked overall well enough until their recent iterations where they just kind of went downhill. So I got a Note7 - The first phone I can say I ever truly loved. Then I had 2 S7E's, because of a bunch of random problems with them. I hoped everything would be fixed with the S8, but no such luck. The wifi and bluetooth randomly and frequently disconnect (both issues well known by Samsung and similar to the S7E), Smart stay doesn't well, stay, they randomly don't charge some current Samsung wireless chargers (same with the S7) and several other things I can't think of at the moment.

I've gone full Sansumg with the Gear S3, their new router and Gear VR, but boy are they frustrating. They make great phones, on paper, but my reality has been quite different. They do tend to have the best specs, but I've had problems with every Samsung phone I've owned (except for my 3 N7's which never did set me on fire). As I kept saying about my S7E... I've never had so much hate for such a great phone. I sure hope their Connect Home works well when I finally open the box and try it in my new house next week.

I refuse to get an iPhone and I'm dubious the N8 will solve the problems, not to mention its huge size. I don't want to leave what should be a cohesive electronic ecosystem, but Samsung is kind of pushing me out repeated unreliable products. Anyone else feel the similar?

Last edited:

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@Snareman Have you done a full restore from one device to the next? If so, it's possible that you may have been carrying over a glitch from one device to another. Have you tried a fresh start on any? I know it's a PITA to set up from zero and install all apps and redo settings from scratch, but it can make a major difference. I found that out myself.

And I share your pain about an iPhone. When the Note 7 dream died, I decided to try the iPhone 7 Plus, since there was finally a 256GB version that could carry all my music and pix. I managed for about 5 months, but grabbed the S8+ as soon as it was available. The Iphone 7+ hardware was great, but I couldn't keep going with iOS dictating default apps, no file manager, etc.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The Wi-Fi issues might not be the phone, could be the type of routers some are using. I've had issues with other things with cheaper routers, spent some serious money on a better router and problems went away. Sometimes you do get what you pay for. Just a suggestion.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The Wi-Fi issues might not be the phone, could be the type of routers some are using. I've had issues with other things with cheaper routers, spent some serious money on a better router and problems went away. Sometimes you do get what you pay for. Just a suggestion.
I would think that except it happens both at home and at 3 different hospitals I work at. Using an Apple Airport at home. For a long time I thought it was my home router as it has some years on it now but then I discovered that the problem was happening everywhere and I didn't have these problems with any of my Droids using the same locations and routers. We'll see what happens next week in the new place with the new Samsung Connect Home router.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Not in the least, personally. Adult Samsung is the brand I keep coming back to. I have Had a few glitches with my S8+, but it's working great overall. I didn't like the S7Edge it was full of problems, but happy now with the 8+ and thoroughly looking forward to the Note 8.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
@Snareman Have you done a full restore from one device to the next? If so, it's possible that you may have been carrying over a glitch from one device to another. Have you tried a fresh start on any? I know it's a PITA to set up from zero and install all apps and redo settings from scratch, but it can make a major difference. I found that out myself.

And I share your pain about an iPhone. When the Note 7 dream died, I decided to try the iPhone 7 Plus, since there was finally a 256GB version that could carry all my music and pix. I managed for about 5 months, but grabbed the S8+ as soon as it was available. The Iphone 7+ hardware was great, but I couldn't keep going with iOS dictating default apps, no file manager, etc.
That's an interesting idea. I haven't done that. I suppose I could invest some time and give it a try.

I think Apple makes good phones, but I'm already well vested in the Android ecosystem. All of my computer's are Mac's, but I refuse to get an iPhone. I think since Steve died Apple has just become a phone company that also happens to make a few other things. Kind of sad. But that's a whole different conversation

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: In my case I'm not Feed up with Samsung performance. But I believe they create

some useless apps like: Bixby-Samsung Internet-Pin unlock on the back,.etc. Bixby

created to compete with, the giant Google Assistant: Samsung internet can Not

substitute the mobile browsers..Chrome-FFox-Opera >>Now they copy and

came in SGs8 with the Phone unlock from the back, which hasn't worked

as expected. Users in undeveloped countries don't pay attention to

these features - Hope its market strategist get the message

jredecop82

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

It was in my case. Had a netgear orbi and constantly got the little exclamation mark with the Wi-Fi symbol and no internet, switched to google Wi-Fi and haven't had the issue since.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
:cool: In my case I'm not Feed up with Samsung performance. But I believe they create

some useless apps like: Bixby-Samsung Internet-Pin unlock on the back,.etc. Bixby

Samsung internet isn't useless. It's absolutely the best browser available right now. Better than Chrome, Firefox, or whatever is available on Android right now.

If you check this thread, votes for Samsung Internet overwhelmingly surpasses Chrome.
https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/for...us/796293-chrome-vs-samsung-internet.html?amp

The fingerprint sensor on the back was done because Samsung wanted the entire front to be screen, but they weren't able to implement the underscreen sensor properly, so they put it in the back. Apple is also having the same trouble regarding the underscreen sensor.

T22rmh

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
No problems with my S8, S8+ or J5's. Been with Samsung since the first Galaxy S. Haven't had any major problems with any of them - just a few minor issues that I had sorted out myself......

Axidrain

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site

Lol samsung internet browser is a lot better than Chrome. I'm so glad I don't have to use it anymore on my phone. With all the ads I have to deal with and the terrible embedded video player. Good riddance chrome

Bfalcon1

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My S8 has been perfect. The only thing I noticed is the overlap of previous installed apps. I currently use the Blackberry Suite but wonder if I need to. Samsung apps seem pretty good as well as Google's.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I hate that my S8 is not as to integrate well with my work email/contact/calendar account based on Microsoft Exchange. Sure, Microsoft has an app that works well in Android, but the information is confined in the app. This makes bixsy useless, and limits the phone's functions in general.

Apple does a much better job in allowing various email platforms to be integrated.