AT&T Update today, 8/21

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the update this morning. Not sure how I feel about the navigation bar hide option yet. I'm going to test drive it for a few days to see if I warm up to it. I like it in app but I don't like how when you swipe up on the home screen, it goes over the dock icons. Not really sure why that annoys me but it does. Lol

Anyway, glad I got this update promptly. For some reason, I didn't get the July update until last week, after I called and asked them to push it to me for the second time. Lol

As for the email notification update, I assume that's only for the stock email app?

Yes, stock email. Others have complained about the latest version in their reviews of the app in the Play Store.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
NOT HAPPY with this dang nav bar change. I don't really want to hide it. Some apps do it when it's appropriate (like viewing pictures full-screen) and that works for me. What I don't like is that, in many apps, the nav bar doesn't have the color from my theme anymore, and now I have hideous, white nav bard in many apps. Does anyone have any insight about how to change this back? Or do we just have to wait for theme developers to update their themes, if indeed that might work to get my theme-based nav bar colors back?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I really noticed about the nav bar (other than the auto-hide option) is that the background color options have been changed.

I had it set for a light gray, but after the update, the shade of gray changed to much lighter shade. The other options are also much lighter and paler colors than they were.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I've got a theme with a medium-to-dark gray color for the nav bar (or at least that's what it used to be), and now it's eyeball-searing white, which is driving me crazy. I haven't tried changing the color, but the available ones are white, off white, near white, and some other shade of white. Not satisfactory.

xander090705

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
The update installed for me ok but now the camera doesn’t open. Just says that it’s busy and immediately crashes. It will not work with 3rd party apps as well

ESP8266

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: AT&T Update today, 8/21

Oh ok. I just started getting a notification to set it up after the update that's why I thought it was new. Thanks

I've been getting several notifications a day on this. I've just done a long press on the notification and disabled what I could. I also went into Settings -> Apps -> "Show system apps" and disabled what I could on Wifi Calling.

I pay ATT a **** ton of money every month for service and hell if I'm going to make it cheaper for them to call from my home wifi when I get good signal here. I can understand it for people who don't have good signal at home... but a constant reminder to set up Wifi Calling is not making me happy.

I used to get this notification once after a restart, and with this most recent update, it's been annoying since Friday.

One thing I have noticed with this update, my battery life has gone from great to SPECTACULAR. Took it off the charger Saturday morning at 6AM, moderate usage (no streaming video or audio, but other activty and apps) all day, got home Sat evening and batter was at 54%, left it on my desk off the charger and had 40something % on Sun morning.

GizmoEV

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Any one else have location info stop updating in the background? Smart Lock doesn't work like it should because it stopped getting GPS info on the background. It seems to tie me to the nearest cell tower or something. Same thing happens on my wife's S8. Prior to the update location stuff worked just fine.

GizmoEV

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
It turned on advanced messaging so I quit getting texts from some people in Textra. Really annoying that the setting I had didn't stick.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, makes sense you would since its still a branded ATT phone. I don't think any of the unlocked, non carrier versions have received this update yet. There is typically a few week lag based on the July update.

I am on vacation in Ireland from NYC ,AT&T approved unlock for me ,got the update while I am over here

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
WiFi calling has been messed up for me since this most recent update. I usually keep it on all the time since I don't have great reception at my house, but now every day or couple of days it seems like it turns itself off and then sends me a notification to turn it back on. Very annoying.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
WiFi calling has been messed up for me since this most recent update. I usually keep it on all the time since I don't have great reception at my house, but now every day or couple of days it seems like it turns itself off and then sends me a notification to turn it back on. Very annoying.
Yes, mine has been turning itself off periodically as well since the last update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03