AT&T Update today, 8/21

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Just downloading it now but it didn't give me details when it started installing. Not sure if it's just the August security or the updates for the nav bar, etc. Nothing on the AT&T site yet. Will let you know after I complete the update.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Just downloading it now but it didn't give me details when it started installing. Not sure if it's just the August security or the updates for the nav bar, etc. Nothing on the AT&T site yet. Will let you know after I complete the update.

It's the August 1 security update as well as the Nav Bar updates (double-tap to hid nav bar, etc).

The only thing that sucks is that this update automatically moves you to Email version 4.1.66.2, which means that any time you get more than one email, the notification doesn't show details!

I wrote about this in another thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...1-66-2-causing-notification-panel-issues.html

Unfortunately, I can no longer revert to a prior version of the Email app from the apk mirror as it appears to be built into this update. Dang it! This is annoying as I get lots of work emails, but now I have to unlock my device and open my email just to see who all the emails are from rather than determining from the lockscreen if I want to look at those immediately. So frustrating.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Here is a picture of a single email notification (the security app used for work shows who it's from and the subject, but blocks the content.
Screenshot_20170821-153228.jpg

Now here is what notifications look like with more than one email. It only shows the count, but no information on who sent them at all or subject.
Screenshot_20170821-153204.jpg

ChrisN718

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if its intended but after the update I'm no longer getting the fade in and out notification at the bottom each time I connect to a wifi.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I am really blown away on how fast updates are rolling out now. Nicely done by Samsung and US carriers. Download now.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is a picture of a single email notification (the security app used for work shows who it's from and the subject, but blocks the content.
View attachment 266079

Now here is what notifications look like with more than one email. It only shows the count, but no information on who sent them at all or subject.
View attachment 266080
Can you pull down on that notification to expand it?

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Love finally being able to hide the nav bar. Seems smoother so far especially the transition between home screen and app drawer.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Here's AT&T's changelog:

Software update for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ (G955U)
Here is the current update: Android 7.0 Nougat

The details
Release date: August 21, 2017
Android version: 7.0
Security patch level (SPL): August 1, 2017
Baseband version: G955USQU1AQGL
Kernel version: 4.4.16-11982677
Build number: NRD90M.G955USQU1AQGL
Build fingerprint: 7.0/NRD90M/G955USQU1AQGL
Previous update required: G955USQS1AQF7 & G955USQS1AQG1
File size: 485MB

The updates
What's changing: Network performance enhancements, WPS (Wireless Priority Service), UX updates, navigation bar auto hide and AGIF, Email, Calendar and Knox updates, Bluetooth updates, stability updates, Advanced Messaging update, app select update, Smart help updates, Daydream support, various other updates and improvements, and Android device security updates.​

Last edited:

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the update this morning. Not sure how I feel about the navigation bar hide option yet. I'm going to test drive it for a few days to see if I warm up to it. I like it in app but I don't like how when you swipe up on the home screen, it goes over the dock icons. Not really sure why that annoys me but it does. Lol

Anyway, glad I got this update promptly. For some reason, I didn't get the July update until last week, after I called and asked them to push it to me for the second time. Lol

As for the email notification update, I assume that's only for the stock email app?

INDROIDWETRUST

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this morning. Not sure how I feel about the navigation bar hide option yet. I'm going to test drive it for a few days to see if I warm up to it. I like it in app but I don't like how when you swipe up on the home screen, it goes over the dock icons. Not really sure why that annoys me but it does. Lol

Anyway, glad I got this update promptly. For some reason, I didn't get the July update until last week, after I called and asked them to push it to me for the second time. Lol

As for the email notification update, I assume that's only for the stock email app?
What I think is a great feature of the hidden navigation bar is when you want to bring it back, just swipe slightly up from the bottom of the LCD and it's there