When do you think Galaxy S8/S8+ will get Android Oreo?

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Place your bets/predictions below! I'm gonna say my unlocked bestbuy unit will get it by late February 2018

What do you guys think? (feel free to post unlocked and carrier variants)

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't be in a hurry for that, it might be a nice platform, but it also means you'll have app issues, so if it works good now that's good news

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If the existing version works, I'm happy to plod along until the next one is ready. Better than getting a half baked version and having issues with it. I think Nougat needs some work still...

Frostyuk72

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Oreo and Samsung

So Google has finally announced android 8.0 is to be called Oreo, but the question is when will the S8 and plus get it.

Since we are still running on version 7.0 not the latest version 7.1.2 I have a feeling we will be jumping straight to 8.0

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Interesting article on who gets the oreo update first and how long for the rest...

When you can actually expect Android Oreo on your phone – BGR
Googles phones always get the latest updates first.

In the past two years with every Samsung phone I have owned, we always got the latest major OS release in the Spring.

I'm with T-Mobile. Two years ago, I had a Note 4 and a Note Edge. They got 6.0 in the April/May. My S7 Edge got 7.0 in either March or April and so I see no reason why it won't be Spring time again for 8.0.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I just chance the Nano Sim Card from my Galaxy S8+ to my Google Pixel XL. I'm waiting the OTA upgrade, when it arrived I see whats new and them back to my S8+. Overall I prefer the S8+, but this situation of excess waiting for an Google Platform Upgrade is frustrating. Years ago was the same with my formers Nexus 5 and HTC One(don't remember well but I think they called it M and a number).