Do all glass screen protectors exhibit the "rainbow effect"?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
After trying to sift through all the fake reviews on Amazon, I went ahead and bought the Oteo glass screen protector. Installation was EASY. I followed the directions, especially the very clear point to press on the edges many times to secure the protector.

I love it. But... it developed a rainbow effect in the middle within a day. Now, I don't love it. Photo below! All the edges have remained tightly affixed.

I contacted Oteo and they said this just happens with all glass screen protectors for curved glass phones.

Is that true?

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/Installation...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5932975

aaascreen.jpg

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
It will happen any time there is moisture between a dry application protector. Since humidity happens, the only way to prevent it is with a protector that uses a liquid adhesive throughout the entire surface.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
They are made to fit with their case line. So you need to install it with one of their cases on.

LOL.... clever. Well, that means I am not going to buy it. Maybe I'll try and get Oteo to send me another one since someone here said they don't have it.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
My Otao has a very small rainbow (maybe 3/4 inch area) that I don't see at all while using the phone. Yours looks rather widespread. Since the protector has stayed firmly in place without sensitivity issues and works with my Commuter case, I can disregard the small rainbow effect on mine, given the protection it provides to my beautiful screen at such a reasonable price. Hopefully Otao will send you a replacement.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the glass protector that is sold by Sedio and it has no rainbow effect. My Zagg glass developed the rainbow after a few days. I had to take it off.