Hi. I have not been able to verify the Rich Communication text message sent after starting my phone in the Sprint text messaging app. The app keeps trying to get me to verify each time I start the phone again and it is really annoying. I think if you miss the first attempt somehow, it is unsolveable to be honest. Thoughts?
    RevePro and To4st like this.
    08-23-2017 09:15 AM
    I'm having the same issue
    08-23-2017 11:23 AM
    Same here it continues to fail to register and itwont resend me a code and i am unable to press the resend button as well
    08-23-2017 11:36 AM
    I am also having this issue. I updated my phone yesterday and now the messaging app continues to ask for a verification code which I never receive. The verification notification has a timer which allows you to hit the resend button once it has ran out, but it doesn't do anything.
    RevePro likes this.
    08-23-2017 11:45 AM
    Really frustrating, I read about the "gear notification extender" app working before but it is not in the app store now. It would have allowed Gear 3 to recognize an alternate app for messaging like Textra. This is the only reason I use the stock app is that it plays nice with Gear 3.
    08-23-2017 12:50 PM
    Works fine for me, although I haven't actually witnessed RCS in action.
    08-23-2017 09:38 PM
    Has anyone been able to solve?
    08-24-2017 03:43 AM
    How can you tell if RCS is enabled or not? What exactly are it's features?
    08-24-2017 03:49 PM
    I believe it's working now. It's asking me if I want to send messages over Wi-Fi
    08-24-2017 05:06 PM
    How can you tell if RCS is enabled or not? What exactly are it's features?
    Should have read receipts, text over Wi-Fi, showing that someone is typing as well.
    rdrive41071 likes this.
    08-24-2017 05:07 PM
    I know mine was working because Sprint sent me a text saying RCS was activated. The only issue I am having is the new Wifi Plus /Calling WONT TURN ON! It keeps saying can't connect! I called Sprint they said it's on, on their end. I want mine to work! UGH
    08-24-2017 05:50 PM
    I am having the same problem. I am not recieving a message with the verification code. I have a galaxy s8+ (with sprint) if that helps.
    08-24-2017 05:58 PM
    I spoke too soon. I thought I had a resolution... but then the message came back. Deleting earlier post.
    badcat likes this.
    09-07-2017 02:37 PM
    I switched to Textra. Threw in the towel. There is an 11 page thread going about this at the Sprint forum.
    09-07-2017 09:24 PM
    I actually got it to send the code finally!

I performed the below steps... when I opened messenger again I got the message about the new enhanced features... clicked start and got the message about the code. I completely closed messenger and didn't turn it on again for about 6 hours. The message requiring a code popped up again and bamo - code received (though I never saw the code)..

Turn on WiFi and Calling Plus > pull down top menu > turn on Calling Plus - this automatically turns on WiFi as well. (I don't know if calling plus needs to be on or just WiFi - I had both)
    Close all open apps.
    Perform a carrier reset by going to the dial pad and using ##72786 #

The carrier reset will restart your network connection and improve functionality. This is also a good reset to do if you're having any voice, text or data issues.

**There's no loss of information with these steps. This isn't a factory reset. Of course it's always good to back everything up, but I was fine.
    This is also a good process to go through on any phone you activate that may have had another phone number on it at one time.

Technically the handset must be in a Sprint coverage area to complete the programming and activation process, but I've heard of it working over WiFi too.

These steps are specific to Sprint - not sure about any other carriers.
    Also, for this I didn't require an MSL or anything.

I was having some other messaging issues that seem to have been resolved with this as well.

Like I said, I closed messenger for a few hours and then opened it again - clicked 'Start' when the New Messaging Features box popped up and it went through.

Let me know if this helps.

Rich communication settings-newfeatures.pngRich communication settings-verificationcode.jpg
    09-08-2017 09:00 AM
    I am having the same problem and it us very aggravating
    09-24-2017 02:03 PM
    Make Sure your wi fi is off and only have mobile data on and you will receive code, it worked for me and my options were bk on. Noticed this by messing with sms go or sms apps. Always been hesitant on using his due to duplicate messages and what not, but apparently haven't found a sms app to change my sms theme color. Only background
    11-27-2017 11:53 AM
    Tk your wi fi off and use mobile data only. You will receive code. You welcome. Also of this happens it mean it's either a malfunction or you try to use another sms app. Always been hesitant to use them. Due to duplicate messages or what not.
    11-27-2017 11:56 AM