09-04-2017 08:04 PM
60 123
tools
    LOL... Samsung is not releasing the Note 8 aimed at people with an S8+.

Stop the madness
    But then you got people like us who are addicted to these things! I'm sure they'd love us to switch lol.

One thing I will say though is where is all the hype around the Note 8? Last summer there was all sorts of hype about the Note 7. This year it's just "blah" and such. Even on these forums not nearly the hype as the Note 7 had.

The S8 had a ton more hype leading up to release compared to what the Note 8 has. Even the news reported it more on the day of the event.

IMO I don't think pre-order sales will be nearly as well as last year. Not because of the Note 7 taint but simply based on the hype.

I don't think there will be major problems with back orders like we saw in some cases last year with the Note 7 pre orders.
    mary beth hale and athenatp like this.
    08-23-2017 11:59 PM
    But then you got people like us who are addicted to these things! I'm sure they'd love us to switch lol.

One thing I will say though is where is all the hype around the Note 8? Last summer there was all sorts of hype about the Note 7. This year it's just "blah" and such. Even on these forums not nearly the hype as the Note 7 had.

The S8 had a ton more hype leading up to release compared to what the Note 8 has. Even the news reported it more on the day of the event.

IMO I don't think pre-order sales will be nearly as well as last year. Not because of the Note 7 taint but simply based on the hype.

I don't think there will be major problems with back orders like we saw in some cases last year with the Note 7 pre orders.
    Truthfully I'm not seeing much hype about any new phone, except maybe Apple. I think Apple sales will stun this year, as perhaps people are just a bit burnt out on Android in general.
    08-24-2017 12:21 AM
    Truthfully I'm not seeing much hype about any new phone, except maybe Apple. I think Apple sales will stun this year, as perhaps people are just a bit burnt out on Android in general.
    Another reason if we can to hold off a couple of months and maybe cash in on big savings if iPhone 8 turns out to be really hot and Samsung puts out some nice sales on it.

I thought it was up to $425 trade in towards the Note 8? It says 300 on Sammys website now and looks similar to the S8 promo people were getting burned on despite turning in functioning phones such as iPhone. For just 300 bucks I'd rather sell my phone outright or trade it in at the carrier or Best Buy in person.
    08-24-2017 01:26 AM
    Saki did an update today about the Note 8 and opinions switching from S8 Plus. He still thinks if you have the S8 Plus and don't really use the Spen then it's not worth upgrading to the Note 8 and paying the hefty price.

Also if you're in the market for a new phone and trying to decide between the two if you don't have a need for Spen then the S8 is better due to all the deals on it now.

I think he's right.

This is the boat I'm in. I'm interested in the Note 8, but I got my s8 for $420 one month ago. I could sell it, but I'm having trouble justifying a $500 price jump for the added features. In addition, I prefer the smaller s8 size. So I'm leaning towards sticking with my s8.
    08-24-2017 07:51 AM
    i would agree but however the difference between Samsung's dual camera compared to LG, Apple and others are better. Samsung always does a better job when it comes to camera software and have both camera that has stabilization makes it even better than the rest. I'd say Samsung has a slight edge over other competitors only time will tell i'm sure S9 will even be better with the dual camera.
    08-24-2017 08:09 AM
    I just can't see how the Note 8 would be enough of an upgrade for people with the S8+. Unless you could sell it and offset the cost drastically.
    08-24-2017 08:15 AM
    If Samsung offered the 425 for the S8+ i would do it. But its up to 300 right now for s7 and iphone 7/+. Where is the 425 phone option?

I had the note 7 and loving the s8+ i have the iphone 7+ and haven't jumped on the promo. Now you get a free gift with the pre-order and if you don't want that gear 360 maybe sell it and it becomes less of the retail price. Thats one way to look at it.

930-300/425(trade in)-200(gear 360)=430.00/305. You can also order it unlocked.
    08-24-2017 08:27 AM
    definitely getting the Note 8. I just like having a new device every six months. I always upgrade from the Note and S series. helps feed my tech addiction...
    08-24-2017 08:32 AM
    Sticking with my S8+ until the S9+ comes out.
    Galaxy Forever from Sprint.

Mav.
    08-24-2017 08:40 AM
    If Samsung offered the 425 for the S8+ i would do it. But its up to 300 right now for s7 and iphone 7/+. Where is the 425 phone option?

I had the note 7 and loving the s8+ i have the iphone 7+ and haven't jumped on the promo. Now you get a free gift with the pre-order and if you don't want that gear 360 maybe sell it and it becomes less of the retail price. Thats one way to look at it.

930-300/425(trade in)-200(gear 360)=430.00/305. You can also order it unlocked.
    Also, a lot of people on here are not jumping on that deal because they refuse to order from samsung.com for various reasons such as the cluster F of getting your order processed and phone on time and the fact the most recent promo people are sending in qualifying phones only to get rejected and only getting $25 even though the phone was in perfect condition.

If 300 is the max, IMO trade it in at Best Buy, your carrier or just sell it outright.
    08-24-2017 11:08 AM
    Can you trade in two phones for the Note 8? I got the S7 Edge that was my Note 7 replacement AND I have my dads old S5 which says $200. So can you combine the two for $500?

A safer option would be to not roll the dice and see if I can unload my S7 Edge on my mom for close to $300. She hates her cheap LG phone. She never texts or uses internet on her phone, just phone calls. I think the S7 Edge would be great for minor use.

People blasted me on here for selling my dad my S7 when the S8 came out. Saying I should have just given it to him because of all the money they spent on me. I have to make a penny somewhere.

I'm hoping to open an online business within the next 6 months so I wonder if it might be better to wait because they I can use the Note 8 as a tax write off.

Maybe I could sell my S8 Plus to my mom for $500. Just for phone calls that is a great deal! She needs a top line flagship.
    08-24-2017 12:30 PM
    After watching a review of note 6, I think its not for me. It has too many features that I don't use. I use to own note 2 then note 4, and I hardly used the s-pen.

Basically if you find the s-pen useful then this is worth an upgrade for you.
    whitecollar likes this.
    08-24-2017 01:24 PM
    Former Note 7 owner here now with the S8+. Intrigued by the Note 8, but have major concerns about the smaller battery they put in it. Not only smaller than our S8+, but it'll be pushing a bigger screen and more Ram (6gb vs 4gb on the S8)

I'll wait to see battery comparisons before I think about what to do. Happy with the S8+ for now and the battery life if way better than the S7 Edge I had when I had to return my Note 7 (twice). Might have to wait for the Note 9
    08-24-2017 03:32 PM
    There are A LOT of similarities between the two. In the past the Note line had all the bells and whistles. Now it seems like a small step forward.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    08-25-2017 12:32 AM
    the galaxy 8 devices give you 95% of what the new note will have to offer. I'm happy with the s8
    08-25-2017 06:02 AM
    That's a lot of money for an extra .1 inch of screen. I owned the original Note, and I never used the S-Pen. I sure won't move from my S8+ to get a Note 8. I remain a not-so-enthusiastic curved screen owner -- if Samsung ever decides to make another flagship large-screen phone with a flat screen, THAT is something I would upgrade to.
    08-25-2017 09:34 PM
    I visited my local Samsung Experience Store and have used the Note 8.

It's comfortable to hold (still a little slippery) but the finger print sensor is difficult to reach for me. At least there is iris and face recognition.

But for me it's just too long which is also one of the factors who I chose the s8 over the s8+

As others say the reasons to upgrade are the s pen and camera system.

It feels that Samsung have played safe with the Note 8.
    08-26-2017 12:16 AM
    The differences between the two are just not enough to tempt me. Also, it would require me to buy another Gear VR, and with no improvement in the screen resolution, it's not worth it to me.
    08-26-2017 09:32 AM
    It shouldn't be seen as an upgrade from the S8 or s8+. It's more so for previous Note owners. I loved my previous Notes, but once Samsung decided to increase the size S line, the Note wasn't for me anymore.
    athenatp likes this.
    08-26-2017 09:37 AM
    The note 8 looks like a brick. The Galaxy S8 has seamless flowing edges and large rounded edges. The only plus side to the Note 8 is the stylus and dual cameras. I do not want to ypgrade. To me they look almost the same except the note 8 is boxier.
    08-26-2017 11:25 AM
    I had thought about it. I was an iPhone person, then went to the N7 which was my first Note and liked that phone. When I returned it I went back to the iPhone. Decided on the S8 and actually quit using the 7plus and sold it, now only have the S8. Although the S-Pen would be useful for me, its not nearly $1000 useful plus I still have to pay the S8 off. I am committed to the S8 for quite some time, just yesterday I bought a Mophie battery case for it. Going to Vegas in March/April and it will be what I use for my camera while there, just like I did the iPhone last trip.
    08-26-2017 11:36 AM
    If you want a pen and dual camera, go for it. But you're paying for a overpriced pen and an extra camera len. I'll say wait till the prices drop.
    08-26-2017 01:28 PM
    My 2 previous phones are notes. And frankly I never found a use for the s-pen. Not in line of work anyway. I only liked note series because of its large screen. But now a 0.1" difference in screen size isn't a big deal for me.
    08-27-2017 01:31 PM
    I wouldn't say it is an upgrade, more of different and capable of doing more things. I'm jumping and glad I have the option.
    08-27-2017 04:37 PM
    Looks like I'll be able to get my hands on a new Note 8.

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/08/23...-note-8-promo/

I called Sprint and since I'm a loyal customer I can upgrade early without no fee of early upgrade. I've been with them since 2005 so leaving Sprint for T-Mobile would be something they don't want on there part. But the best thing is now the Note 8 will cost me half of the Galaxy S8 price and the Note 8 will be better in terms of longevity. One of the benefits of having bought that fireball Note 7
    I don't understand your logic. The internals are the exact same so longevity is always the same. And I don't think owning a note 7 entightles us to anything.
    08-27-2017 04:46 PM
60 123