Hi all.

I'm wondering if it's possible to use Bixby voice for the likes of Facebook messenger, Skype etc? Like voice to text.

Just so I can be even more lazy than I already am.

Or are there any other apps which can do this sort of thing?

Thank you.
    08-23-2017 12:27 PM
    I found Google Assistant to be just as if not MORE useful.

https://support.google.com/assistant...DAndroid&hl=en
    08-23-2017 12:47 PM
    Hi there.

Thanks for your post.

Will it type what I speak into where you would normally type in messaging apps?
    08-23-2017 05:26 PM
    And please can you tell me how I can get Google assistant working on my GS8?

Cheers.
    08-23-2017 05:50 PM
    Hi all.

I'm wondering if it's possible to use Bixby voice for the likes of Facebook messenger, Skype etc? Like voice to text.

Thank you.
    Bixby Dictation should allow you to do that. But you might have to set the Samsung keyboard as default. Can't confirm cause the server side switch hasn't been turned on for me yet.
    08-23-2017 08:30 PM
    Cheers. I think I'm already using the Samsung keyboard. I didn't even know there were others. I'm new to Galaxy mobiles.
    08-24-2017 06:49 PM
    Cheers. I think I'm already using the Samsung keyboard. I didn't even know there were others. I'm new to Galaxy mobiles.
    Haha There are a lot of other keyboards. Some of the more popular ones are the Google Keyboard, Swiftkey and the blackberry keyboard (if you know where to get it) I don't think you will be able to use Bixby Dictation without the Samsung keyboard though... still no server side switch.
    everway9 likes this.
    08-26-2017 01:25 PM
    Server side switch?
    08-26-2017 05:05 PM
    Server side switch?
    Bixby launched globally but some places still haven't got the server side launch. My phone for example has all the updates required for Bixby but Samsung itself has to turn it on on their server for my phone to access Bixby voice features.
    everway9 likes this.
    08-26-2017 06:00 PM
    And please can you tell me how I can get Google assistant working on my GS8?

Cheers.
    Also, what's wrong with Google assistant? Doesn't soft pressing the home button launch Assistant? (Hard pressing will take you to you Home screen due to the virtual "force touch" home button)
    everway9 likes this.
    08-26-2017 06:02 PM
    Also, what's wrong with Google assistant? Doesn't soft pressing the home button launch Assistant? (Hard pressing will take you to you Home screen due to the virtual "force touch" home button)
    When I soft press the home button a white circle appears where the home button is and the edge lighting flashes for a split second and that's it. Nothing else happens.
    08-26-2017 06:36 PM
    Bixby launched globally but some places still haven't got the server side launch. My phone for example has all the updates required for Bixby but Samsung itself has to turn it on on their server for my phone to access Bixby voice features.
    Thanks... I understand now.
    08-26-2017 06:37 PM
    Hi all.

Thank you.
    If you mean Bixby dictation, like others have said you can use that anywhere you can use the keyboard.

However, Bixby has additional support for specific apps, including Facebook messenger (but not Skype yet, to my knowledge). If you hold down the Bixby button and say "Open Facebook messenger and send a message to <contact name> saying <your message>" and then release the button, it will open the app, type the message out, and ask you for confirmation before sending it.
    everway9 likes this.
    08-26-2017 06:39 PM
    If you mean Bixby dictation, like others have said you can use that anywhere you can use the keyboard.

However, Bixby has additional support for specific apps, including Facebook messenger (but not Skype yet, to my knowledge). If you hold down the Bixby button and say "Open Facebook messenger and send a message to <contact name> saying <your message>" and then release the button, it will open the app, type the message out, and ask you for confirmation before sending it.
    Sorry... yes I realise it's not called voice.... voice is the overall voice thing. Dictation is what I was wanting. Thank you
    08-26-2017 06:46 PM
    Sorry... yes I realise it's not called voice.... voice is the overall voice thing. Dictation is what I was wanting. Thank you
    Ah, gotcha. Well, like I said you can use it anywhere you can type text. I believe you have to be using the stock Samsung keyboard though.
    everway9 likes this.
    09-01-2017 05:59 PM
    Thanks.
    09-01-2017 07:01 PM