Hi guys, I had my Samsung Note 5 stolen and for some reason everything was backed up except my contacts which is a bit of a disaster.

However, I got a replacement of the S8 and on my Facebook app it's shows the following 'Add friends who aren't on Facebook yet'....listing my old contacts!!! I want these but can't find them on the phone or cloud...how does Facebook have them and I don't!

If anybody knows how to extract the contacts that I'm seeing on Facebook that would be AMAZING.

Thanks in advance for any help!!! James
    08-23-2017 12:59 PM
    I can't really help you with this but Facebook is sort of a creep. I remember once uploading a picture of me and a friend on there. The photo was taken at the beach but the image was composed with only my friend and I with the background being the empty sky. I do not turn on my cameras get location nor did I have GPS turned on at their time (the only way to get my location would be cellular triangulation). Yet, when I uploaded this photo on Facebook, it asked me better specifically, if I would like to tag Elliotts Beach as my location. Make what you want of that with how they know your friends contact info.
    08-23-2017 09:41 PM
    Once you look carefully at FB it's pretty scary....their terms and conditions in the settings freaked me out! Worth a look ....you essentially give them permission to switch on your microphone and camera whenever they want!! That's the tip of the iceberg....disable those functions for sure. Big brother in a way....but a creepy stalker one 🤣
    08-24-2017 02:27 AM
    Once you look carefully at FB it's pretty scary....their terms and conditions in the settings freaked me out! Worth a look ....you essentially give them permission to switch on your microphone and camera whenever they want!! That's the tip of the iceberg....disable those functions for sure. Big brother in a way....but a creepy stalker one 🤣
    That was a long time ago. I still have an account but that's only because it is easier to use Facebook as a login on some sites/apps. I did delete my previous account and I access the new one from the browser if I ever need it. No app for me.
    08-26-2017 01:21 PM