Hi! So I have a huge problem which Samsung keeps ignoring me over. The main use of any of my phone(s) is the camera. Ever since the S6, double pressing the home button to launch the camera has become second nature. Google then implemented this into android with double pressing the power button and this is when I started taking this particular feature for granted with any of my phones. Come S8+ which I have had since launch, this feature has been removed. This is specifically for Indian S8 and probably Note series users as they don't have physical home buttons and the power button has been given the task of triple click to call 112 (Indian emergency services). In order to stop mistaken clicks, Samsung has disabled double click power for camera.

Now, the other day, it occurred to me that since this was a region issue, maybe flashing a different firmware would help. I have previously flashed my S5 with a different regions firmware to get faster updates (I am asking about official firmware not mods). So, people of AC, do y'all think that flashing a different firmware would give me back double press for camera?

Also, if I were to flash it, what firmware would be compatible with my Indian (expos based) SM-G955FD?

Thoughts and help appreciated. I need quick access to my camera, not to 112 who take ages to come when they're called anyway.
    08-23-2017 07:37 PM
    In camera app settings...Turn on "double press power button" for quick camera access
    08-23-2017 07:58 PM
    Sorry. Reread your post and see you are referring specifically to a certain region firmware. Wasn't aware the double press power button for camera access was not available for some S8/S8+ phones
    08-23-2017 08:04 PM
    There's got to be a app to remap the buttons
    08-23-2017 08:20 PM
    Sorry. Reread your post and see you are referring specifically to a certain region firmware. Wasn't aware the double press power button for camera access was not available for some S8/S8+ phones
    I was devastated when I found out my S8+ didnt come with it..
    08-23-2017 08:22 PM
    There's got to be a app to remap the buttons
    There are. Tons. But they don't work with the screen off. Having to turn on the screen on would have me swiping the on screen button just as easily. But while it's great to have multiple ways to do this, I'm just looking for a way to get double press to launch back.
    08-23-2017 08:24 PM
    Have you tried reaching out to people on xda-developers site re: possibility of flashing different firmware? They would be the experts for sure.
    08-23-2017 08:31 PM
    Have you tried reaching out to people on xda-developers site re: possibility of flashing different firmware? They would be the experts for sure.
    I will, just wanted to check on here first since I haven't signed in there for a while
    08-23-2017 08:35 PM
    Good luck. I sympathize. Sure wish I could help. Flashed a different firmware on a Note 4 some years ago with instructions from that site.
    08-23-2017 08:43 PM