So does Bixby read one's Google calendar when one swipes over to it? Or does it only read from the Samsung ecosystem?

Thanks
    08-24-2017 03:45 PM
    It reads from your device's calendar, wherever the sources might be (Google, local, Samsung, Exchange, etc.)
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-24-2017 04:01 PM
    Thanks. Watching some videos on Bixby and it actually looks like it's pretty good. What do you all think?
    08-24-2017 04:04 PM
    It's not bad... but it overlaps too much with what Assistant already does. It's good for a few days and then you forget about it, TBH. Not enough to differentiate from Google's, and most of the time you can get things done quicker with touch than with getting Bixby to do it.
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-24-2017 05:19 PM
    Thanks. Watching some videos on Bixby and it actually looks like it's pretty good. What do you all think?
    Ok, wait for it..... gonna say something controversial..

I love it

In bed lights out head on pillow and phone on bedside table and locked...... i say "Hi Bixby wake me up at 6am" .... she asks for my "Voice password" .... and then she tells me alarm is set for 6am.

I didn't even move.... ok, my lips did hehe ....

Perhaps im easily impressed ....... and OMG I'm even calling it "she"....
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-24-2017 06:49 PM
    I'm enjoying using it.
    08-24-2017 10:44 PM
    Ok, wait for it..... gonna say something controversial..

I love it

In bed lights out head on pillow and phone on bedside table and locked...... i say "Hi Bixby wake me up at 6am" .... she asks for my "Voice password" .... and then she tells me alarm is set for 6am.

I didn't even move.... ok, my lips did hehe ....

Perhaps im easily impressed ....... and OMG I'm even calling it "she"....
    If you add Google Voice as a 'trusted voice' you can do that and even skip the password. That's what I mean by 'overlapping'. I do like Bixby's voice more, though. And I would have preferred the male version, but for some reason that sounds more robotic and not as 'clear' as the female one on Bixby.
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-25-2017 12:26 AM
    If you add Google Voice as a 'trusted voice' you can do that and even skip the password. That's what I mean by 'overlapping'. I do like Bixby's voice more, though. And I would have preferred the male version, but for some reason that sounds more robotic and not as 'clear' as the female one on Bixby.
    Ahhh got ya!! I did not know that and in fact I have never used Google Asst. So that explains why I have perhaps been more impressed with BIXBY than many other people as I have nothing else to compare it to. ...Yeah, I think the voice is important too you want it to sound as natural as possible. I did try SVoice on my S6 edge very very briefly and I loved the Scottish female voice that used. Hope they add more voices in future.

Thanks
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-25-2017 05:22 AM