Terrible experience with Samsung CEO's office regarding dust under screen

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

As a few of you know, I bought an unlocked S8+ from Amazon Prime sold & shipped by Amazon a little over a week ago. It arrived with two specs of what appeared to be dust under the screen. I just received the replacement from Amazon with the same issue as well as a couple of faint but noticeable scratches along the edge where the plastic protective film does not completely cover.

I reached out to the CEO's office via their "Contact the CEO" option. By the way, that CEO is Tim Baxter.

Here is the final response I got from a Ms. Aimee Schott essentially blaming me for the dust under the screens of two brand new S8+'s:

"In regards to what assistance I can offer, that would be via your manufacturer’s warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects in functionality. As per what you have described your situation would be considered cosmetic damage and would not be covered under the warranty. I would be able to set you up for service but it would be an out of warranty repair cost. I apologize for any inconveniences that this situation has caused you. Thank you for choosing Samsung and have a great day."

Respectfully,

Ms. Aimee Schott
Office of the President

cid:image001.jpg@01D30499.A0D92890

aimee.schott@partner.samsung.com
T: 888-480-5675 ext 30418

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You do know that's a 'canned' response, right? And whomever is replying is just looking up the defect (probably not even reading your e-mail thoroughly and completely to understand what the real problem is) and finding the supplied pre-written answer.

I don't know why you've gotten two defective devices so far, but since the devices are new and freshly shipped, warranty should be handled by the seller directly, which in your case, would mean a faster replacement unit.

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the responses thus far. You are both right. I'm wondering now if I should move on or try the AT&T model which is apparently made in S. Korea and not China like the unlocked US versions are. But both of these China made S8+ devices were atrocious.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

As a few of you know, I bought an unlocked S8+ from Amazon Prime sold & shipped by Amazon a little over a week ago. It arrived with two specs of what appeared to be dust under the screen. I just received the replacement from Amazon with the same issue as well as a couple of faint but noticeable scratches along the edge where the plastic protective film does not completely cover.

I reached out to the CEO's office via their "Contact the CEO" option. By the way, that CEO is Tim Baxter.

Here is the final response I got from a Ms. Aimee Schott essentially blaming me for the dust under the screens of two brand new S8+'s:

"In regards to what assistance I can offer, that would be via your manufacturer’s warranty. The warranty covers manufacturing defects in functionality. As per what you have described your situation would be considered cosmetic damage and would not be covered under the warranty. I would be able to set you up for service but it would be an out of warranty repair cost. I apologize for any inconveniences that this situation has caused you. Thank you for choosing Samsung and have a great day."

Respectfully,

Ms. Aimee Schott
Office of the President

cid:image001.jpg@01D30499.A0D92890

aimee.schott@partner.samsung.com
T: 888-480-5675 ext 30418
I actually dealt with Ms. Aimee Schott before during the N7 Fiasco, I purchased insurance on the N7 thur Samsung website its actually Asurion who covers it $129 policy, Samsung refused to refund my money sending me to asurion who denied me a refund, nobody could understand it wasn't my fault I no longer had the phone and didn't need the insurance.
I came in contact with Aimee after filling a complaint with the BBB she tried to give me the runaround offering to sell me another phone to use the insurance on, at that time I was done with Samsung and bought a iPhone.
It wasn't until I responded to the BBB claim of unsatisfactory response that I got a refund five or six months later
So don't let her boss you around

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Our attorney believes they've crossed the line in terms of "breach of warranty/product liability" or more. Will decide over the weekend if I want to send a "message" to Samsung. Can't say any more at this point in time...Thanks all.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Our attorney believes they've crossed the line in terms of "breach of warranty/product liability" or more. Will decide over the weekend if I want to send a "message" to Samsung. Can't say any more at this point in time...Thanks all.

Damn. Bad experience for you. Good luck.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I quit buying ANY electronics from Amazon after me and my wife had to return 5 items in a row because they were all varying conditions of used when they were supposed to be new.

Amazon and there "guaranteed" sellers are a joke, just have Best buy price match and get the real thing..... brand new, in your hand and undamaged ;-)

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I quit buying ANY electronics from Amazon after me and my wife had to return 5 items in a row because they were all varying conditions of used when they were supposed to be new.

Amazon and there "guaranteed" sellers are a joke, just have Best buy price match and get the real thing..... brand new, in your hand and undamaged ;-)

buy Ammy direct. not resellers. ever

krisjacobsen

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
I have washed my hands of Samsung after trying for 5 months to get the promo order for a Gear 360 camera completed. We have 2 Galaxy phones, 2 smartwatches and a fitness tracker, an S3 tablet with pen, a Gear VR headset, and 3 Samsung TVs. I have explained the situation at least 6 times to different phone support and ecommerce reps, spent a morning being transferred all over Samsung, had three different online support connections on Messenger, and actually had someone tell me in an email response to one query that I should just reorder because my promo had expired. Fine, except the promo was to get the camera for $49. So as soon as I can without paying a penalty, I'm surrendering my Galaxy S8 and either going with a better brand of Android, or going back to Apple where I can walk into a store and talk to someone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz