I feel like I'm a pretty die hard front physical home button guy. I never had a phone with the home button on the back however. Was curious from others who had felt the same way initially then got a phone with the button on the back how you adjusted.

Did you guys adjust right away and not care about the home button on back ?

For those of you who didn't think you'd like it, did you end up hating the placement as opposed to the front after using it for a while ?
    08-26-2017 08:54 AM
    It a horrible place very hard to find and get my S8 plus to work at times. Just picked up the moto z2 force one button does it all and it's on the front. I gave the plus to my daughter and she can even use it.
    tonydroid99 likes this.
    08-26-2017 08:58 AM
    Home "button" of the S8 is still on the front, just a virtual button rather than a physical button.

It's only the finger print reader that's moved to the back, and I hate that too.
    tonydroid99 and beandaddy like this.
    08-26-2017 09:04 AM
    The home button isn't on the back. Just the fingerprint reader. I have no problem using it. My finger finds it just fine. It is better than being on front in many instances except when it is lieing flat on a table. Then you have to pick it up.
    tonydroid99 and robmidi like this.
    08-26-2017 09:07 AM
    I had an LG V20 before this S8+. It had a home button on the back. I had no trouble adapting.
    08-26-2017 09:25 AM
    Can you turn the phone on using just the virtual home button on front or do you have to hit the sensor on the back ?

I liked the HTC One M8 I used to have where you could just double tap the screen to get into your phone.

Can you do that with the S8 ?
    08-26-2017 10:22 AM
    Can you turn the phone on using just the virtual home button on front or do you have to hit the sensor on the back ?

I liked the HTC One M8 I used to have where you could just double tap the screen to get into your phone.

Can you do that with the S8 ?
    Settings, display, navigation bar, unlock with home button. A hard press will unlock.
    08-26-2017 11:38 AM
    Settings, display, navigation bar, unlock with home button. A hard press will unlock.
    This is what I do. Also, there's the physical button of the right side that quickly locks and also turns on the screen too. I make a lot of use of that button.

Of course, I come from a BlackBerry 10 phone which never had a home button.
    tonydroid99 likes this.
    08-26-2017 02:14 PM
    I do this too. I use the hard press of the home button to activate the iris scanner (or facial recognition when I'm in a brightly lit area). I've found that it's almost as convenient as the FPS from my S7 Edge. Heck, I rarely even use the FPS on my S8+ except for pulling down the notification tray.
    tonydroid99 likes this.
    08-26-2017 06:43 PM
    I came from an iPhone less than a week ago. It has taken most of that week, but I'm finally getting used to unlocking my phone from the back. what has helped me quickly unlock without looking is the case. I use my right index finger and go all the way to the end of the cutout on my phone and poof, I'm unlocked.
    BratPAQ and robmidi like this.
    08-26-2017 11:10 PM
    The home button is still on the front of the phone. The fingerprint sensor is on the back and I got used to it after playing with the phone the first few hours. It really doesn't take long for me to unlock my phone with my finger. It's actually better than the S7E I had previously.
    08-27-2017 09:17 AM
    I came from an iPhone less than a week ago. It has taken most of that week, but I'm finally getting used to unlocking my phone from the back. what has helped me quickly unlock without looking is the case. I use my right index finger and go all the way to the end of the cutout on my phone and poof, I'm unlocked.
    A case makes it easier to target the FPS (Otter box Defender in my case), and the size of it vs the "home" button on the Galaxy S6 I came from actually makes it a pleasure.
    08-27-2017 10:55 AM
    I don't even use the FPS. the PIN is all I need.
    08-27-2017 02:14 PM
    I like the placement better where it is than on the front. I hated having it on the front.
    robmidi likes this.
    08-27-2017 10:10 PM
    as I'm left handed having the finger print button on the back is no issue for me in fact it's perfect having no real home button doesn't bother me at all rather have more screen space
    robmidi likes this.
    08-28-2017 04:53 AM