Is insurance via verizon worth it?
    As I hear phones are fragile, screens easily crack.
    What is cost of insurance? And basic coverage details (eg, deductable etc)??
    08-26-2017 12:25 PM
    I think it's $11/month for the entire complete package that includes everything, there are cheaper options that just protect the phone from damage.

Deductibles vary, probably $150 or $200 on an S8.

I used to work for Verizon, still a customer, but it's best to check their website or speak to a rep for details.

It's up to you if it's worth it or not, but the thing to remember is if your S8 is lost, stolen, or destroyed. You need to pay what you owe on it before you can finance another phone on your number. I always recommended carrying it for awhile, especially if you don't have a back up or they ability to afford a new phone. You can cancel the insurance at any time, the less you still owe on your phone the less it's worth it to keep. I would NEVER keep insurance on a phone until the device payment agreement ends, reason for that is eventually that deductible is more than what you owe on the device. Eventually it's cheaper to pay off the broken phone and finance a new phone.

When I got my S7 last spring I had insurance on it for a few months, didn't want to be out the full cost of the phone in case I ruined it while camping or at a music festival. Took it off at end of summer.

Just my opinion, everyone is bound to say something different.
    08-26-2017 01:55 PM
    If you just need insurance for accidental damage then Verizon asurion is $7.15. this doesn't include extended warranty, but you have one year warranty anyway. Insurance plus extended warranty is $9.

$11 is insurance plus extended warranty plus tech coach. Personally I wouldn't get this option
    08-26-2017 02:02 PM