Verizon August Security Update (8/29/17)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon update

Looks like the August security patch.
cdd8654e37131bcd5253a79d36ca7c4f.jpg

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Their is so much more to this update other than a security update and double tap to hide the nav bar. I will list one big change. The facial recognition has been enhanced to be a lot faster. Read the whole update details. Google verizon advanced software updates, click on your device and read the full fixes and enhancements.

Last edited:

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
No offense but TouchWiz is dead, the current ui is called the Samsung experience, we are running version 8.1 with the impending update to either 7.1.1 or 8.0 our devices will be updated to Samsung experience 8.5 with the same enhancements as the note 8. As for your launcher it can and will interrupt some aspects of the updates due to the fact you have changed the defacto UI and launcher. The nav bar is part of the original UI but the other enhancements like the improvements to the speed of the facial recognition will not be affected, nor will the knox update or any other non aesthetic feature. I live with the stock UI for this reason alone, and yes you can change the nav bar icons to suit your liking moving them in settings, thats for all the damn people complaining about the icons being backwards from their likening. Have a fantastic night...

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else noticed crackly and distorted bluetooth music playback after this update? I did the update while at work, got in my car to go home and immediately notice that the audio is all crackly and distorted. Rebooted the phone, made no difference. This is with Tidal and Blackplayer sending bluetooth audio to the stock head unit in my Subaru. It was fine before, now it's very obviously crackly and distorted. Bluetooth volume level also seems to have no effect on this.

Maybe NVM, I just went out to my car and tried it again and now it seems fine. Might have been a glitch I guess. IDK

Last edited:

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Their is a small white dot at the far left of the nav bar, tap on it twice the nav bar will disappear, if you need the nav bar swipe up from the bottom and the nav bar will appear for a limited time so you can navigate without the risk of screen burn. If you want your nav bar back simply double tap the dot again and it will enable full time nav bar. Easy peasy.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Their is a small white dot at the far left of the nav bar, tap on it twice the nav bar will disappear, if you need the nav bar swipe up from the bottom and the nav bar will appear for a limited time so you can navigate without the risk of screen burn. If you want your nav bar back simply double tap the dot again and it will enable full time nav bar. Easy peasy.

Ok so you have to have that option enabled. Got it. Thanks.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Godspeed to everyone on this site, im being deployed again my 7th deployment, I wish you all the best and look forward to new cool technology, but my job is to protect this nation, so by the time I get home the S9 will probably be a antique. Semper Fidelis. Have fun guys and gal's. Good night.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Godspeed to everyone on this site, im being deployed again my 7th deployment, I wish you all the best and look forward to new cool technology, but my job is to protect this nation, so by the time I get home the S9 will probably be a antique. Semper Fidelis. Have fun guys and gal's. Good night.

Thank you so much

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your service. You are all heroes. Stay safe.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Saying thank you is a very kind thing to hear, I do this for every man woman and child that is not free from pain and persecution, I have 3 children myself one is 2 months old, but I will never lay down in the face of the enemy, and as long as their is still a chance of good left in this world I will keep going until uncle sam says im to old. So thank you for supporting me and my brothers and sisters. Its nice to hear a thank you and not called names.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21