35 12
tools
    Just got Verizon update.
    08-29-2017 12:35 PM
    Security? New stuff?
    08-29-2017 12:41 PM
    Looks like the August security patch.
    08-29-2017 01:18 PM
    Double tap to hide or return Navigation bar.
    08-29-2017 08:43 PM
    Does this only work with TouchWiz?

I'm running Nova Prime and it's not working. Or is it a feature I have to turn on?
    08-30-2017 06:50 PM
    Their is so much more to this update other than a security update and double tap to hide the nav bar. I will list one big change. The facial recognition has been enhanced to be a lot faster. Read the whole update details. Google verizon advanced software updates, click on your device and read the full fixes and enhancements.
    08-30-2017 07:32 PM
    No offense but TouchWiz is dead, the current ui is called the Samsung experience, we are running version 8.1 with the impending update to either 7.1.1 or 8.0 our devices will be updated to Samsung experience 8.5 with the same enhancements as the note 8. As for your launcher it can and will interrupt some aspects of the updates due to the fact you have changed the defacto UI and launcher. The nav bar is part of the original UI but the other enhancements like the improvements to the speed of the facial recognition will not be affected, nor will the knox update or any other non aesthetic feature. I live with the stock UI for this reason alone, and yes you can change the nav bar icons to suit your liking moving them in settings, thats for all the damn people complaining about the icons being backwards from their likening. Have a fantastic night...
    08-30-2017 08:42 PM
    Anyone else noticed crackly and distorted bluetooth music playback after this update? I did the update while at work, got in my car to go home and immediately notice that the audio is all crackly and distorted. Rebooted the phone, made no difference. This is with Tidal and Blackplayer sending bluetooth audio to the stock head unit in my Subaru. It was fine before, now it's very obviously crackly and distorted. Bluetooth volume level also seems to have no effect on this.

Maybe NVM, I just went out to my car and tried it again and now it seems fine. Might have been a glitch I guess. IDK
    08-30-2017 08:46 PM
    How exactly does this work?
    08-30-2017 09:08 PM
    Try wiping the cache partition
    08-30-2017 09:11 PM
    Their is a small white dot at the far left of the nav bar, tap on it twice the nav bar will disappear, if you need the nav bar swipe up from the bottom and the nav bar will appear for a limited time so you can navigate without the risk of screen burn. If you want your nav bar back simply double tap the dot again and it will enable full time nav bar. Easy peasy.
    08-30-2017 09:14 PM
    Their is a small white dot at the far left of the nav bar, tap on it twice the nav bar will disappear, if you need the nav bar swipe up from the bottom and the nav bar will appear for a limited time so you can navigate without the risk of screen burn. If you want your nav bar back simply double tap the dot again and it will enable full time nav bar. Easy peasy.
    Ok so you have to have that option enabled. Got it. Thanks.
    08-30-2017 09:19 PM
    In the update their was a fix for Bluetooth connectivity issues with vehicles, I would whipe the cache partition
    08-30-2017 09:20 PM
    No problem have a great night, I hope I could help
    08-30-2017 09:22 PM
    In the update their was a fix for Bluetooth connectivity issues with vehicles, I would whipe the cache partition
    Ok. I did this anyway. It never hurts.
    08-30-2017 09:26 PM
    Good deal, I hope all works out well for you.
    08-30-2017 09:29 PM
    Godspeed to everyone on this site, im being deployed again my 7th deployment, I wish you all the best and look forward to new cool technology, but my job is to protect this nation, so by the time I get home the S9 will probably be a antique. Semper Fidelis. Have fun guys and gal's. Good night.
    08-30-2017 09:36 PM
    Godspeed to everyone on this site, im being deployed again my 7th deployment, I wish you all the best and look forward to new cool technology, but my job is to protect this nation, so by the time I get home the S9 will probably be a antique. Semper Fidelis. Have fun guys and gal's. Good night.
    Thank you so much
    08-30-2017 09:42 PM
    Thank you for your service. You are all heroes. Stay safe.
    08-30-2017 09:48 PM
    Saying thank you is a very kind thing to hear, I do this for every man woman and child that is not free from pain and persecution, I have 3 children myself one is 2 months old, but I will never lay down in the face of the enemy, and as long as their is still a chance of good left in this world I will keep going until uncle sam says im to old. So thank you for supporting me and my brothers and sisters. Its nice to hear a thank you and not called names.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    08-30-2017 09:49 PM
    Thank you, let me know how jeff Carter and Tyler toffoli do this year, and tanner pearson had better step up. GKG and Kopi better get his game back quick lol.
    08-30-2017 09:55 PM
    Saying thank you is a very kind thing to hear, I do this for every man woman and child that is not free from pain and persecution, I have 3 children myself one is 2 months old, but I will never lay down in the face of the enemy, and as long as their is still a chance of good left in this world I will keep going until uncle sam says im to old. So thank you for supporting me and my brothers and sisters. Its nice to hear a thank you and not called names.
    Anyone who calls you names is just ignorant. Wish you well.
    08-30-2017 10:11 PM
    You would be surprised, I have been called names that you cant believe, im not a liberal or a conservative im a man that believes that our nation has been blessed with a abundance of good fortune, I am a Christian but cast no disparaging words towards any other religion, we are all creations of god no matter what religion you seek as you guiding light. I care not for mal talk about anyone color creed religion sexual orientation, we are all beautiful. I am a example of a Marine that cares not for death but wishes for peace. Peace may not be obtainable in its entirety but through war brings peace and if god should take me home I have no regrets or hatred in my heart, my job is hard I often wonder what if I did not kill that man? Could I have saved him with words or guidance from a higher power, but their is no time for decisions like that. My job is to keep the innocent innocent and to free the in slaved. I am a Force Recon Marine, im not your normal kill devil dog, after 17 years I am a man of good will and faith in all, I often ponder if my wife and children are proud of me. My only hope is to show the people that think all we do is kill that they know so little. So thank you for your kind words and god bless you, I will do my best to make you and every American proud. Dont listen to the msm potus speaks in kindergarten terms I speak without pride or the need to be the news highlight. I will come home, I will give my daughter away at her wedding. I will be Good to go
    08-30-2017 11:12 PM
    Just be happy, but pray for us if thats your thing. If not I got your 6 no matter what. By the way this smart device is awsome and im damn proud to own one, thats for the people who want a tech opinion lol, and if you want a note just buy one, just donate 5% of what you spend on it to help hurt homeless veterans get help. I gave 900$ even though my device gs8+ was 839. God speed to you all, and a big shout out to my brothers from the UK are you ready to rock and roll with the yanks again lol, best damn people to have your back love my British brothers and sisters MI6 best in the buisness.
    08-30-2017 11:40 PM
    Ok so you have to have that option enabled. Got it. Thanks.
    To get this thread back on topic...

Yes, you have to enable this option in navigation bar settings, then double tap the little dot to hide or show the navbar.
    08-31-2017 03:16 AM
35 12