Edge lighting software update

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up that there is an Edge Lighting software update in the Galaxy Apps store. With the new update, you can further customize the edge lighting, which a lot of people seem to have problems with. You can change things such as width of the lighting, colors, etc.

I played around with some of the settings, but I still can't see the lighting on the AOD, which is where I am most interested in seeing it. Maybe I just haven't played around enough yet.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up that there is an Edge Lighting software update in the Galaxy Apps store. With the new update, you can further customize the edge lighting, which a lot of people seem to have problems with. You can change things such as width of the lighting, colors, etc.

I played around with some of the settings, but I still can't see the lighting on the AOD, which is where I am most interested in seeing it. Maybe I just haven't played around enough yet.
I actually set it all up earlier today after the update and it works fine now. I have it set to notify for texts and WhatsApp, but it also glows (even facedown) when the phone rings. I'm happy with it now and have been using it all day. Make sure u have the settings so it shows ALWAYS.
0c4ec92017e7d054ce8c03111354b70b.jpg

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually set it all up earlier today after the update and it works fine now. I have it set to notify for texts and WhatsApp, but it also glows (even facedown) when the phone rings. I'm happy with it now and have been using it all day. Make sure u have the settings so it shows ALWAYS. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/0c4ec92017e7d054ce8c03111354b70b.jpg

i don't like the little bubble pop up that comes with setting it to "always". Is there any way to keep the edge lighting but disable the mini bubble notification popup?

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
i don't like the little bubble pop up that comes with setting it to "always". Is there any way to keep the edge lighting but disable the mini bubble notification popup?
Doesn't seem like it. The bubble replaces the usual notification that comes down with the "reply" function. Seems like it's one or the other.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
I don't see the advanced settings option for edge lighting at all on my s8+. Which update are you running an don which carrier? I'm on AT&T.

Click edge screen in settings, then click edge lighting, then click advanced settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170901-140121.jpg
    Screenshot_20170901-140121.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 31

kpenland2014

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, I have an advance settings option for my edge lighting. I got the V.3.1.00.1 update on August 29th. Idk about unlocked phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo