Yesterday afternoon I called Samsung customer service to cancel my S8 order which has been backordered for about 2 weeks. The rep said that everything was cancelled and gave me a ticket number, but my order is still showing up as "confirmed" on my account. I decided to just purchase the phone from Amazon, but now I'm a little concerned that they'll ship out my order and charge me after I make my Amazon purchase, as I've heard they sometimes do if you call to cancel.

Does it just take a bit of time for the changes to show up on my end? Any insight from someone with experience ordering from Samsung would be appreciated.
    08-30-2017 04:50 AM
    Unfortunately I had a very poor experience dealing with Samsung direct and cancellations. I preorded 2 new Chromebooks from them on separate orders and decided to cancel after finding out the wait time. I cancelled both orders online and received confirmation. About 2 weeks later one of the Chromebooks shows up at my door. I immediately called Samsung and they told me I would have an RMA in 3-5 business days. Didn't happen to make a long story short it took nearly 2 months for them to send me an RMA and give me a refund. Now the 2nd Chromebook also showed shortly after the 1st one but this time I refused delivery and that whole deal took about 4 weeks. Keep in mind mind they charged both of these to my Samsung credit account and I actually had to start making payments to keep from getting my credit dinged.
    I strongly advise you to refuse shipment if that phone shows up at your door but don't count on that being cut and dried though.
    08-30-2017 11:32 PM