Samsung S8 Alarm Snoozes too easily

FreedomEngine

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
I would like to use the Samsung Clock app as an alarm but have encountered many issues. Primarily, if I touch the phone at all once the alarm sounds it automatically snoozes or just turns off. I'm a heavy sleeper and rely on the few seconds it would typically take to open the phone and swipe the "zzzz" to wake me up a bit. That and I rely on the snooze actually working as it often takes a few alarms before I actually wake up fully.

As it stands, the alarm goes off, I reach for the phone and the second I move it at all it either snoozes (if I'm lucky) or just turns the alarm off (totally useless in my case).

Ideally I would like the alarm to sound, I would then open the phone (I uses Clear View case), and then swipe the app to activate the snooze feature reliably. This few moments of thought helps get my mind working normally. It is also how it always worked in previous versions before I upgraded to an Galaxy S8.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't have this issue. I have to swipe to get it to shut off. I also have a very light sleeper wife next to me so I have to swipe it quickly.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I have the Samsung sview cover and first time I used the alarm I opened the cover and accidentally turned it off. Later I realized that just lifting the top cover, and let go of it, puts it in sleep mode. To turn it off I had to open the cover and swipe it off.
So try that op, it's very easy and works with your eyes closed.
When you're awake enough you can swipe it off.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I use Timely as my home page clock and my alarm. It can be set up to require some kind of puzzle to turn off the alarm. I believe the same can be applied to snoozes. And most, if not all, of these features can be applied to individual alarms.