I got my Samsung S8 when they were released and iIve come to really hate the stupidity of the swype dictionary.

It's always changing words i enter, that i use frequently, to things i've never text or written in my life.

Like call becomes cal, under becomes un bde, or some other weird "un space acronym" entry. If i text need, i get need b.

It's frustrating me enough i'm almost ready to ditch this phone and pay full retail price (8 months left till my upgrade) for a different phone, like the Pixel.

How do i reset the dictionary to clear out this crap?
    08-30-2017 12:08 PM
    Open your keyboard settings and hit reset to default
    I feel your pain though the prediction is crazy on this keyboard when swiping
    08-30-2017 12:12 PM
    You can install a different keyboard. You can clear the dictionary by using the Swype icon you should have in the app drawer.
    08-30-2017 12:14 PM
    Try SwiftKey. Swiping with it is faultless for me. It seems to know what I'm thinking even.
    08-30-2017 09:34 PM
    Thanks Guys, I tried GO! keyboard but i wasn't impressed, it's worse than this stock swype one. I'll give the reset a whirl (only place i didn't look) and if that isn't any better i'll see how SwiftKey does.

Edit: The reset did the trick. I sent a message to my son with some of the words it had been screwing up. I did a keyboard reset to default and cleared personal input data.

This makes me think that it may have been saving words on me when my little pup would step on the phone. He gets jealous when you text or talk, and then steps or sits on the phone
    Derren Woods likes this.
    08-31-2017 05:05 PM
    Thanks Guys, I tried GO! keyboard but i wasn't impressed, it's worse than this stock swype one. I'll give the reset a whirl (only place i didn't look) and if that isn't any better i'll see how SwiftKey does.

Edit: The reset did the trick. I sent a message to my son with some of the words it had been screwing up. I did a keyboard reset to default and cleared personal input data.

This makes me think that it may have been saving words on me when my little pup would step on the phone. He gets jealous when you text or talk, and then steps or sits on the phone
    Glad you got it sorted 😉
    09-01-2017 01:35 AM