Why is my new Galaxy 8 freezing up so often

kpenland2014

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, you might have a lemon. I have had mine for over a month and haven't had to restart it for lag or freezing. Haven't had any problems speed related. Have you tried putting it in safe mode to see how it does. You might have Downloaded something that's causing the freezing.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
You probably have an app that is causing the constant freezing. I've had my S8+ since April and not once have I had a freezing issue of any kind. Maybe try wiping cache partition or possibly a factory reset. If the issue persists afterwards, I would ask for a replacement.

sayling

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem with my S8 randomly freezing every day or so while sitting at idle with the AOD active, never when I was actually using the phone. I am convinced that it was caused by an incompatibility between the OS and the Truecaller app. I uninstalled Truecaller three weeks ago and have had zero freezes since then.
Others have suggested an incompatibility with Swiftkey. I had first uninstalled Swiftkey but the S8 continued to randomly freeze. Then I uninstalled Truecaller which solved the problem.
I suspect that there may be other apps out there with similar issues - suggest you try uninstalling Truecaller (and Swiftkey) first if you are using it, if not try uninstalling other apps until you find the problem.
Good luck!

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
I had a problem with my S8 randomly freezing every day or so while sitting at idle with the AOD active, never when I was actually using the phone. I am convinced that it was caused by an incompatibility between the OS and the Truecaller app. I uninstalled Truecaller three weeks ago and have had zero freezes since then.
Others have suggested an incompatibility with Swiftkey. I had first uninstalled Swiftkey but the S8 continued to randomly freeze. Then I uninstalled Truecaller which solved the problem.
I suspect that there may be other apps out there with similar issues - suggest you try uninstalling Truecaller (and Swiftkey) first if you are using it, if not try uninstalling other apps until you find the problem.
Good luck!

Nothing wrong with Swiftkey on this phone.

Gdfisher

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas. I don't have Swiftkey or truecaller. I am nor gaining to do a factory restart because I just got this phone and haven't installed anything yet. I don't think I should have to accept a phone that freezes because of some potential conflicting software. This is an expensive piece of equipment and shouldn't be sold to the public for test and trials. This phone gets way more hype then it deserves.. Bixby is a great example of empty promises. I refused to buy an apple and was talked out of the other Android phone I wanted and now I pay the price.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas. I don't have Swiftkey or truecaller. I am nor gaining to do a factory restart because I just got this phone and haven't installed anything yet. I don't think I should have to accept a phone that freezes because of some potential conflicting software. This is an expensive piece of equipment and shouldn't be sold to the public for test and trials. This phone gets way more hype then it deserves.. Bixby is a great example of empty promises. I refused to buy an apple and was talked out of the other Android phone I wanted and now I pay the price.

Return it for another one.

Isaiah Peterson

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I've had Samsungs for about four or five years and never had a freezing problem. That's with a note 2, note 4, s7 edge and s8. You just got unlucky with a defective device is my guess.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Just because you happened to have had one lemon, does not mean that the entire batch of S8/+ are bad. I've had mine since it came out and it's been working wonderfully. Apple has had a history of having sold units that didn't work properly and the customers would exchange for a new one. Every phone manufacturer goes through this - they sell millions upon millions of phones, there's bound to be a couple that are not 100%. I'm sorry you have a lemon, but I suggest you exchange it for a new one and I can bet that you will have a better experience.

I had a lemon with an iPhone 5 when it was first released - the home button wasn't working at all. I got my exchange and the exchange worked well. I haven't had a lemon Samsung as of yet *knocks on wood* but granted, if I did, I'd just exchange and get a new one. I, personally, wouldn't go for any other phone but Samsung. They've done well by me for the past 4 years.

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got my phone last month and it has frozen twice already..... do a google and there are tons of complaints about freezing with no permanent fix.... even new replacement phones are freezing .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463