T-Mobile S8 Won't Dowload Apps On Cellular

MaroonRanger

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile USA Galaxy S8. When I download a app it just says downloading and never actually downloads unless I'm on Wi-Fi. This is my second S8 as I cracked the screen on the first one after having it for 4 months and it did the same. I have the option checked to auto update apps on cellular. I've removed the cache on the play store. I've uninstalled the updates from the play store. I'm running out of ideas! In my old place I had Wi-Fi, but because Hurricane Harvey sucks not living in a place with Wi-Fi now and it's annoying not to be able to download a simple 25mb app. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance!

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If you are living down by the areas affected by the hurricane it might not be your phone. Very likely the networks are over loaded with people trying to use data in a congested area. Perhaps late at night or early morning when most people are sleeping the network congestion will be much lighter.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You, or T-Mob, may have some kind of data cap set on cell data that you can't download that large a file. Have you tried to download something small, like a widget? If everything else works okay on cell data, that's the only thing that comes to mind.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are living down by the areas affected by the hurricane it might not be your phone. Very likely the networks are over loaded with people trying to use data in a congested area. Perhaps late at night or early morning when most people are sleeping the network congestion will be much lighter.

I live where Irma came in, and the only carrier that was up and running was T-Mobile. My S7edge never stopped getting a signal, and worked great. Sarasota county just got new cell tower before the storm, so we're good to go.:p