Verizon Galaxy S8 Facebook app draining battery at 0.01% when not even in use.

David_divaD

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello guys, I have a S8+

When what I mentioned in the topic title happens, I delete the app. For four days it displays at 0% in the battery manager under options only for it to go up to 0.01% again. And if I don't delete it then it goes up to 0.02% etc. Even when I turn off the app's location permission or delete its cache or clear its data the app doesn't go back down to 0%.

This didn't happen when I first got my S8+. It's only been happening since late July/early August. I know 0.01% or 0.02% isn't a whole lot but it still bothers me.

Why is this happening?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Facebook does load background services when it installs and these will run and stay resident in memory whether you are actively using it and have everything turned on or not.

0.01% is an extremely small number and in this context basically means that the app loaded something into memory. Short of completely uninstalling the app, you might be able to disable it... or just leave it be and ignore it as it has absolutely zero appreciable impact on battery life at that rate.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, I have a S8+

When what I mentioned in the topic title happens, I delete the app. For four days it displays at 0% in the battery manager under options only for it to go up to 0.01% again. And if I don't delete it then it goes up to 0.02% etc. Even when I turn off the app's location permission or delete its cache or clear its data the app doesn't go back down to 0%.

This didn't happen when I first got my S8+. It's only been happening since late July/early August. I know 0.01% or 0.02% isn't a whole lot but it still bothers me.

Why is this happening?
I don't have Facebook anymore, but when I did have it I recommended to everyone to side load the Facebook lite application from the play store. It's lighter on phone resources but it does have fewer features.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So you deleted the app.. did you disable the app? facebook seems to be able to update itself outside of the store so reverting it to its ROM state (apps that come with the phone, you don't delete you just remove all updates) won't stop it updating again. you need to go into app manager and disable it.

If its disabled and still pops up then ask google.