Why does my new s8+ charge by itself

cesar Reyes4

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
So this problem started a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I unplug my phone (Like 5 min) the battery goes up by 1-5% is this normal? Also sometimes I get really bad battery life

jesskoh

Banned
Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
It could be a battery problem. You should still be under warranty and it would be best to bring it back to Samsung for them to check.

Before that, how bad is bad for battery life

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I wouldn't be concerned about the first, the readout is not the most accurate thing in the world. I always charge to 100% and then give it another 30 minutes. If the battery is going down quickly go to Settings, Battery and see what is using all the power. Most times just rebooting the phone will cure those problems. Clearing the system cache would be the next step.

cesar Reyes4

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. By that i meant that some days the battery would be great 6+ hours SOT with heavy use, but other days I would Barely get 4 with minimal use

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The battery % reported is VERY generalized and is generated through several measurements you do not see. If you want a more detailed analyses of the battery sensors I am sure XDA developers would be an ideal place to start.