i have few questions about the s8 AOD

First of all the clock doesn't move at all not after a min or even an hour and i have been told that it should be changing it's position constantly to avoid burn-in

Secondly i have set the background to "None" so i get that infinity background with blue color -which is the color of my Infinity wallpaper- , the issue here is that after 1 min ish the infinity blue color turns black

Ps : when the phone is charging the blue color of the infinity display on AOD never changes to black

this photo shows the blue color
    Attached Thumbnails S8 Always on display-blue.jpg  
    09-08-2017 09:07 AM
    Mine changed position, BUT not often, NOT as its running, just on each use, sometimes it's at the top, sometimes the middle, and sometimes the bottom. Where it starts for a particular time it stays, BUT after I have used the phone for a while and it starts AGAIN, they it's it another spot.
    09-08-2017 10:08 AM
    does it turn black? on mine, the whole screen dims if there are no active notifications on the screen. it looks black, but really it's just the screen that gets dimmer.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-08-2017 10:13 AM
    yes mine does the same , changes only on each use , but what about the color of the infinity background does it turn into black after a minute or so ?
    09-08-2017 01:41 PM
    Mine changed position, BUT not often, NOT as its running, just on each use, sometimes it's at the top, sometimes the middle, and sometimes the bottom. Where it starts for a particular time it stays, BUT after I have used the phone for a while and it starts AGAIN, they it's it another spot.
    yes mine does the same , changes only on each use , but what about the color of the infinity background does it turn into black after a minute or so ?
    09-08-2017 01:42 PM
    Yea I don't mess with that so I can't help on that question. Maybe what Shadow said, its the dimming effect?
    09-08-2017 01:43 PM
    does it turn black? on mine, the whole screen dims if there are no active notifications on the screen. it looks black, but really it's just the screen that gets dimmer.
    after one minute the blue color is gone and turn black like thisS8 Always on display-samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-slashleaks-5.jpg

but the screen gets dim in low light
    09-08-2017 01:48 PM
    Yea I don't mess with that so I can't help on that question. Maybe what Shadow said, its the dimming effect?
    could you please check it on yours ? adjust the background to "None" and see if it stays blue or turn to black after a minute like this S8 Always on display-samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-slashleaks-5.jpg
    09-08-2017 01:52 PM
    could you please check it on yours ? adjust the background to "None" and see if it stays blue or turn to black after a minute like this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsung-Galaxy-S8-and-S8-Slashleaks-5.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	267714
    Yeah, it does the same thing for me. But I would rather not see that blue background at all, not just after a minute Seems this is not possible and the blue is there every time and turns black after couple of second. As you said the blue bg is there all the time when charging which I don't like as well. I can see dithering on the blue bg in low brightness so I would prefer it's black every time.
    09-14-2017 02:04 AM
    I think it's just the background theme. If I use the bright purple infinity wallpaper the purple background never fades with the AOD. If I switch to the orchid grey color is black on the AOD.
    09-14-2017 06:58 AM
    well nevermind. It ended up fading to black.
    09-14-2017 07:00 AM